Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did all Ford NP205's come with 32 spline front outputs?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Leadfoot, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Did all Ford NP205\'s come with 32 spline front outputs?

I have a spare NP205 that I am rebuilding and would like to do a twin stick and convert front output to 32 spline (it was a 10 spline front). I can convert to a GM 30 spline but since I am going to change anyways I would like to put a Ford 32 spline in for more yoke options and the little extra extra strength. I am going to see if I can find a Ford case cheap (reason for my question), but if not do you sell the Ford output shafts? If so how much? Also how much are your 205 rebuild kits and what is included (I'm assuming gaskets, all bearings, but does it include shims, thrush washers, and shift forks)?

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>
  2. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Oct 30, 2000
    Re: Did all Ford NP205\'s come with 32 spline front outputs?

If Stephan can't help you out, I've got a spare Ford 32 spline output shaft. AFAIK, all Ford cases have the large front output shaft (I'm assuming so).

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    Re: Did all Ford NP205\'s come with 32 spline front outputs?

Until I fondle every ford 205 built I can't say all of them had 32 spline because soon as I do one guy will have one with 29 splines or something goofy like that. ASFAIK all fords are 32 spl on the front out.

We have the 32's here, they're currently $110. That varies with supply as they're all used parts, but that's the way it goes with them.
    Rebuild is $190 and has bearings, seals, gaskets and a parts kit that includes some of the thrust washers, misc pins, springs, etc. No shift forks, sliders, etc. Only wear type parts, and some that I didn't think ever wore out but may be easy to lose.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>