Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did all the diesel die hards go on vacation?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by tRustyK5, Jan 14, 2003.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

C'mon fella's...post something, answer a question. Great group of guys in this forum, it would be nice if you were all a little more verbose though (nice $5 word huh?/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

On topic...

I finally brought my big ugly Jimmy home tomight. I'm am totally in awe! I either got real lucky or I just did a good job for a change. It runs beautifully, no rattles anywhere there shouldn't be, everything works (even the 83 GP controller.../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif)

I did have to make some last minute adjustments to the D60 front to rid myself of death wobble, but that took me all of 15 minutes and $3 worth of fender washers. i bolted up some 39.5"x15"x15" TSL's and drove it home. 70 mph was smooth as glass, but I kept it to 60-65 most of the way. Even the rear disc's worked flawlessly. Good firm pedal and very balanced braking...much better than I hoped for!

Rene

2. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Excellent. Did it puff any black smoke? Now just imagine how much less FUEL you are using than the guy with the same setup and a gasser!!

"I love the smell of Diesel in the morning!"

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Yeah you know, it's always a little slow, unless someone has a problem.
    That is why I hang out at all forums, just to keep busy, and I come back here as soon as I see some action.
    I am back to driving my diesel blazer after I broke the tranny in my Wagoneer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I love the fuel economy but it's a manual and for a Daily Driver I'd rather have the auto.

4. tRustyK5

I just drove my wife to work in rush hour traffic. I thought it would be a big PITA but it was not bad at all. We have a narrow 4 lane bridge here, no center divider and the lanes are 10 feet wide or less...gets pretty exciting sometimes./forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The diaphram clutch is a huge improvement!!

Rene

5. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Me, I've been busy.
    Fighting with Fed-Ex on shipping prices for the reman 6.2 we ordered for my brothers truck. Georgia to Michigan they want $540!!!! From Scoggin-Dickey in Texas to michigan they get roughtly $150 to ship a crate 6.5, don't know what carrier they use.

So the 6.2 has been sitting on their dock since friday until something can be ironed out.
    Then there is my cummins I bougt.........
    Long story short, got some water down the intake at some point. Waiting for the salvage yard to decide what kind of a price they are gonna give it to me, looking at it as a core motor now.
    When it rains, it poors......and I'm fresh out of umbrellas.

6. tRustyK5

Sorry to hear that Dan. Seems like bad luck all happens at once most times. Good luck, i'm sure it will all work out.

Rene

7. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

I haven't been on vacation, I've been trying to remodel a house for me and bride to live in once we get married! I've got a two bed/two bath house that is totally gutted inside, and we're going to be living in it in 4 months, no matter what!! Plus, we're doing it all by ourselves, with the help of some friends and family.

But I've been checking in when I can.

Casey

8. tRustyK5

That's cool Casey, so how is the re-modelling coming along? Any pic's?? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Rene