Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I ask the wrong question?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by grumpy, Jun 4, 2001.

1. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

I did not get any replies so I thought maybe I was not asking the right questions. I wanted to know if there were any items beside the motor I should take. External pumps, fuel lines, gas tank etc.
    David

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

OK, OK, lets see..............You'll need all the wiring and the relay for the glow plug controller. You'll need a dual battery setup. There's also an issue with the brake booster- I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done, but I assume it has something to do with the fact that a diesel doesn't produce it's own vacuum and needs a vacuum pump(which runs off the cam). It would also be wise to take the exhaust off the donor vehicle and see if you can use any of it..........

I would think that the fuel lines should be replaced and fuel tank(s) thoroughly cleaned.

I can't think of anythinig more off the top of my head..............maybe some others can offer you some more suggestions.

<font color=red>PHOTO ALBUM-</font color=red> <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798</A>.......<font color=blue>TRUCK & HIKING PICS</font color=blue>

3. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

Did you get the hydroboost? The A/C bracket is also a diesel item, at least it
    was on my '84.n There are some diesel relays on the drivers side
    fender panel too.

SteveB