Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I Bend the Frame? *PICS*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Just4Fun, May 4, 2007.

1. Just4Fun

Just4Fun Registered Member

Obviously I need new bushings here but It doesn't look like thats gonna bring it back all the way. If this is in fact bent, How do I bend it back?

If it is bent, and I get new bushings... Supposing I can still line everything back up after I pop it apart. Do you think it'll still ride ok?

The right side looks perfect but this left side is obviously bent about an inch or so towards the inside of the frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. justiz00

justiz00 Registered Member

THe right side of my frame is like that in the same spot. Its not a daily driver so im not too worried. Not going to change anything.

3. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Looks more like you need busihings and new shackles. Did you shear the pins off the bolts that hold the springs in the pads when you hit? Looks like the springs are cockeyed on the spring pads as well, but not sure by the pics.

4. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Humm...

That should buff right out:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sorry I have nothing more constructive to add.

PS. PAD

5. chiefheaphy

chiefheaphy 1/2 ton status

Do exactly what you did to cause that but do it the opposite way. Problem solved.

Seriously though...looks pretty mangled. I'd say BFH but then again my truck is torn dwn to two bare frame rails and some x-members. When theres stuff in the way its a whole nother strory.

Id say unbolt the front end and get it out of the way. Remove that hanger by grinding down the 4 rivets and either slam the sh** out of the frame or try using a bottle jack sideways only problem is you dont want to bend the other frame rail out.

6. chiefheaphy

chiefheaphy 1/2 ton status

did the front get hit?

7. Just4Fun

The front left tire fell off in a deep deep rut and over-flexed the suspension.

8. Just4Fun

I guess I'll just replace the bushings and hammer down..

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

frame looks twisted to me,,,good luck

10. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

Good luck replacing those bushings. You'll have to bend the spring if it's not permanently tweaked to get the bolt through. You would be wise to find some way to bend the frame back if at all possible.

Andy

11. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

this is a stretch..

but it *ALmost* seems as though the centering pin has sheered and the axel has moved..

how is your steering feel?

also, bushings then if that does not do it, get a highlift in there and tweak it back.. or take it to a body shop and have some floor anchored frame pulls done *cheap* or have it done on a frame rack *more $$"

12. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

my frame is bent like that, got in an accident before i got it, makes it fun getting leaf springs to line up

13. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Frame does look tweaked. You might want to reall consider the shop suggestion. The more you BFH it the weaker it will get and still won't be as straight as a shop.

Use a level and a 90* angle to see how far out it is and then make a decision though.;)

14. dhjunkie

dhjunkie Registered Member

Yep. She looks to be twisted. Snap another picture capturing the cab body body mount with the shackle all together so that I can take a better look and give a more accurate answer. Any body shop with frame equipment should be able to straighten it up for around 5 hours of labor.