Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did i buy junk?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, May 15, 2004.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey i bought this 4" suspension lift kit off ebay... this is the description.. i just want to know if i ended up buying junk or is it decent, im not going crazy off-roading just basic trails/mudding.
    This lift kit is for a 1973-87 Chevy 1/2 3/4 ton 4x4 brand new in the factory boxes

included is:

New 4" front leaf springs

8 new grade 8 U-bolts

New polyurethane bushings

4 new Heckethorn Hydro 8000 shocks

New Raised steering arm to compensate for lift

New Brake line relocation brackets

Instructions

If you have Quad shocks in the front it will be an additional 52$

This auction is for the lift kit only, made by rough country!!

[​IMG]

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

rough country is known to be a little harsh on the ride so stay away from the quad shock thing if you have it. Other than that it will work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif BTW how much was it?

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I ran one for a few years. I will say it is the most complete kit I have found for any price near it. But as mentioned above the ride has something to be desired. Not super cushy IMO the sway bar is not needed at all with this lift. Other than that it is a great buy. I had to replace mine after I severely bent a spring (rocks & DD for 3 years can reall kill a spring). They held up great when I had them.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My buddys burb has that , after a year it rides ok, lot better than stock did /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. stockk5

i got it for 350 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks for the comments makes me feel better about it now haha.

6. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I bet there's one problem you haven't thought about ... you'll have to change your username now. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

ive been running the rough country for about 2 months now. so far the kit is great. i am running it w/ 33's and it rides almost identical to stock, but remember if you have any sag in your stock rear springs its gonna show w/ the blocks the rear of my truck sits about an inch lower than the front, doesnt really bother me for now but sooner or later ill replace the rear springs or do the shackle flip.. as far as price vs quality /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif good luck hope you enjoy the kit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My buddys burb has that , after a year it rides ok, lot better than stock did /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the EZ-Ride kit though, not their standard lift.

Still rides alittle on the firm side, but not like a dump truck or anything.

9. stockk5

haha i could change my username... but Stock is also my last name.. so /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    haha i could change my username... but Stock is also my last name.. so /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifthats an unusual last name... keep your name like that then

11. andhar

andhar 1/2 ton status

I rode in 1Badv10's truck beleive me it doesn't ride that bad, it actually rides alot better than mine.

Good luck with it..

12. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

I remember back in the mid seventies when Rough Country was first introduced. Me and my buds would always joke about the fact that it gave the exact effect the name implied. It feels like your always in Rough Country.(just kidding it ain't all that bad especially if you air your tires down a little). /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I bought a Rough Country 6" kit from ebay, the guy's user id was something like "davy1445"? Anyway, everything went together just fine (except the steering arm) and doesn't ride too bad. The steering arm did not fit. The holes were not drilled right in it, I had another arm that I used instead. As stated by someone earlier - a front sway bay is not needed. I don't run my sway bar and the truck handles just fine on and off road.