Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I get a deal on a Suburban, will you still show me the love?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hoss, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Hoss

Hoss Registered Member

I was orginally looking for a 79 Blazer. But, a few days ago I came across a deal that I just couldn't pass up. But, its for a Suburban. I actually didn't know just how good until I got to look at it today. If this isn't a deal, please let me know, but I'm pretty sure it is. My friend found this in a company news letter (we have classifieds in our companies news letter) from a private party.

So here's what I'm getting for $3000 total (including sales tax).

- 1982 C20 Silverado 4x4 Suburban
    - Factory option Class III tow package
    - All stock suspension/brakes/tires/transfer/tranny
    - Manual tranny with granny gear (for me, manual is better)
    - New clutch
    - Not sure which transefer case, but has 2H, 4H, 4L
    - Auto locking hubs (dont know if these are aftermarket or stock)
    - Factory option dual shocks on front axel
    - A/C (not connected though which is fine cause I don't want A/C)
    - Aftermrket tach, oil and water temp gauges
    - Power Windows and Door locks
    - Kenwood deck with 6 disc CD changer under the seat
    - Still has 3rd seat!
    - Receipts and documents for EVERY little thing ever bought for it over last three years. Docs for oil changes every 3000 miles and 3 coolent flushes over last three years.
    - New 350 installed 2 years ago, less than 18k on it, FULLY documented
    - Matched Elderbrock carb and intake manifold
    - New Alternator
    - New power steering pump
    - Moroso (might have spelled wrong) spark plug wires
    - Chrome Elderbrock valve covers, air filter cover and oil pan
    - K&N air fitler
    - New fuel pump
    - Brand new battery and all battery cables are new
    - Headers (I think he said redmond or something like that)
    - Dual exhaust with dual Cherry bombs

This guy loves this thing. But his wife is making him sell it (ouch!). He's taken very good care of it. The only place I could find rust was a small 1 inch by 3 inch area in the right front wheel well under the battery area and a couple 1 inch long holes on the bottom frame of one of the rear doors. All other doors, fenders and the tailgate area are free from rust. No rust in the floor board area either. One small dent my right rear fender. Paint is decent, but is fading. Its not the orginal paint.

I drove it and this thing hauls! And it sounds reeeaaaallll good too! I checked the oil and spark plugs, it all looked perfect. He had it pass emissions just a couple weeks ago so it got new tags this month. He had to have a mechanic make it run like [censored] to pass emissions, then took it back and had them tune it up again to run like it should. If I'm correct, in WA you dont have to get emissions after 20 or 21 years, so this maybe the last time it will ever have to pass.

The interior is all complete and factory. I'm gonna replace carpet and recover the seats. The headliner is toast and needs to be replaced. The front windsheild has some minor cracks along the bottom, but they all end at the edge, so they dont have anyway to go. Rear window is cracked pretty bad, but has window tinting on it and seems to be holding up fine, although i think I will replace it as well someday. No water leaks inside at all.

So what do you think? Did I get a deal? Will you all still allow me to post in this forum? I'll use the Suburban forum for suburban specfic stuff of course, but theres much more traffic in this one.

-C

2. 1bad82k5

1bad82k5 1/2 ton status

I used to have a suburban myself. I think they are great rigs, in fact i'm thinking about buying a '71 right now. I could never get rid of my k5 though.
    eric

Don't get me started, you know how i get.
    82k5, 14bff, d44, sm465, np205, 300hp350, rust

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sounds like you got a good deal. The headers are probably Hedman. The auto hubs are probably factor, but ditch them for manuels if you offroad. Subs are welcome here. We are all here to help and get help. K5's are the most promintent here, but there are pickup, subs, and others too.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

t-case is a 208....sounds liek its mechanically strong...I have a hard time passing up a fresh engine in a vehicle....i can drive a vehicle that looks like crap as long as its mechanically stout....sounds like you are alright in the looks category...i can get a new back glass from a boneyard for about $50 leave the front alone....if you can see why replace it and get more rocks

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Sounds good. I just picked up an 87 suburban a month ago. It has 58,100 original milies on it, alll doucumented. It has dual ac, 4" lift, 35" BFG MTs, and the body is in excelent shap. Fuel injected. The only problem with it is the front clip is black because they hit a cactus, and it needs valve seals because it has sat for a while,other than that it is perfect. I paid only 4400.00 No rust.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

wouldnt it be a K model if is 4wd ?

WHATS WRONG WITH A 305 ?
    81 K10 GOODYEAR 35" MTRS
    TH350 NP 208
    O R D's axles
    NO BREAKAGE :)

7. Hoss

Hoss Registered Member

Good point. He must have listed it incorrectly in the ad. Cause it's deffinantly 4x4 and the original sales order shows the same. I believe it only says 20 on the side, without C or K next to it. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I'll post pictures on the net somewhere.

-C

8. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

and the 20 would mean 3/4 ton, right?
    [​IMG]
    My dad has a 77 gmc suburban, factory 400 in it, still runs strong, but body is falling off, very fun to drive,
    Congrats! [​IMG]

Four wheel drive, four wheel expenses...

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Subs are cool. Especially my buddy's. It has 44" Gumbo Monster Mudders. It also has an SM 465. He paid $1600 for it.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles