Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I get a good deal on this deck???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rjfguitar, Jul 25, 2006.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So I bought this Panasonic CQ-DF903U deck off ebay. I paid $60 and that included the shipping. It's a 50x4, Dot matrix display, and is Sirius Satellite ready. As long as everything works inside it, how'd I do? Is this a decent head? This is going in my Ram Cummins, and bought it because my I had good luck with the panisonic head in my K5 feeding amps, and the night blue will match my fueling box monitor for my diesel motor.

The first pic is of the actual unit that I am getting, the next pic is off an add I found, and the third is my engine monitor and think the colors should match nicely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Day:
    [​IMG]
    Night:
    [​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Panasonic has came up leaps and bounds in quality over the years. I'd say for $60.00 you got a great deal.

3. rjfguitar

Yeah, I remember when they used to trail other brands, but seem to have caught up. Should be here tommorrow!

4. rjfguitar

I recieved the deck, it is like brand new. I was worried of getting screwed over that. Very nice deck, looks great and sounds better than the upgraded factory "high end" Infinity system that came in the truck.

5. rjfguitar

Here it is installed! After getting it and finding out it is in perfect physical shape, a good non choped up harness, and everything works. I think I got a heck of a deal. $60 for the deck off Ebay shipped, and $35 for the install kit. I installed it.

I've got a whopping $95 invested in this deck, that is 3 years old, but was $250 or so when new. Sure it's three years old but it's got....

Sirius satellite ready
    aux input
    50x4 output
    and a DOT matrix display.

I don't see anything a 2006 model has that this deck doesn't have, but maybe being able to upload persona pics into the DOT display. I wanted that feature, but for $60 for the deck I can't complain! I love EBAY!:bow:
    [​IMG]

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Looks pretty nice installed.