Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I get a good deal? (York compressor)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dieselmh, May 5, 2003.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I did some trading last week, and I'm wondering just how good of a deal I got. My '70 K5 came with factory AC, and it still worked when I got it from the P.O. This is very rare considering that I don't think the guy did any type of maintenance whatsoever the entire 10 years he owned it. Anyway, since I run topless with no doors, I didn't need the AC, so I took out the entire system. A buddy of mine wanted the system to put in his early 70s pickup, so I told him I'd make a trade. I told him to find/buy me a York 210 compressor with a working clutch assembly and he could have the system. A few days later, he shows up with a brand new, not rebuilt, York 210L with a brand new clutch assembly installed. It turns out that his job had ordered it for one of their big rigs, then sold the rig before the compressor came in. He worked one full 12 hour shift for free for his boss in exchange for the compressor. The receipt was in the box, $386.00 for the compressor, and $76.00 (I think) for the clutch assembly. Now my question is this, who got the better deal? I didn't really need the AC anyway, so even if he hadn't gotten me the compressor, I'd probably have given it to him, but I'm wondering what a take out working AC system is worth. Anybody know?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> A complete working A/C system from a 70 K5 is worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay for it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sounds like you both got what you wanted so I'd say you got a good deal. </font>