Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I get an ok deal on this engine/tranny?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LoggieStyle, Dec 7, 2002.

1. LoggieStyle

LoggieStyle Registered Member

I just bought a complete 99 454 vortec with 30K miles on it, and a 2wd 4l80e for $2700, did I pay too much? It doesn't really matter now but I'm curious.

Also since it's a 2wd tranny which is no good to me, I'm going to try to sell it but I'm not sure what to list it at. What's a decent price to ask without ripping anyone off?

Thanks,

Logan

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I think the core alone for a 4l80e is something like $600. Ebay sells the trans for $900-1000 from what Ive seen.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

the price is a good price.
    Did you get it to use the engine only?
    If you are puting it into a truck, not a Blazer, then just get a divorced style 205 from a Dodge and put it in.
    You should have a great combo.

4. LoggieStyle

LoggieStyle Registered Member

I need a 4wd transmission but in this case the guy I bought the engine from wouldn't sell it unless he could get rid of the 2wd at the same time. It's going in my blazer. What is it about the blazers that makes the divorced 205 not an option?

Logan

5. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

The problem with using a divorced t-case is that the wheelbase is so short on a K5 that the driveshaft angles will be to severe.