Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I get Ripped off?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZK5, Aug 4, 2003.

1. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

I just ordered a front shaft from High Angle Driveline. With the 1 ton CV ,1350's & extended spline. He banged me for over $580.00. That seemed a little high to me.

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Nope, sounds about right. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He banged me for over $580.00

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I'm a sick bastard /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

You get what you pay for and you just paid for high quality parts. You'll get over the shock factor when it arrives. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He banged me for over $580.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I'm a sick bastard /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"A hoe's a hoe baby" (Vanilla Ice) Big 'n

5. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah no doubt. I'm not questioning their work and product. Thats why I called them in the first place. But I was kinda hoping to get the rear one at the same time but I wasnt expecting the front to cost this much. I had my rear one made by Tom Woods and it cost me 3 somethin'. Granted it aint as beefy as High Angles would be but I have yet to break it.

Oh well. It's only money.

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

That sounds right.But you git what you pay for /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Being that your a member,did you ask for your 10% discount?That helps a little /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

yup. that price included our 10%. theres also a $60.00 core on the output flange. But I can get that back after I ship them my old one

8. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

The price difference is becuase of the 1/2 ton stuff was what woods gave ya- one ton stuff is a bit more- thanks for postin up- Jess

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Just remember, a year from now when it still works great you will no longer care what it cost. You will just be glad its spinning away.

10. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

Thanks everyone, I'm sure it'll be worth every penny. I went to High Angles site looking for warranty info but didnt find any. I forgot to ask about it when I called him. Has anyone ever had to get 1 fixed? I'm sure they stand behind their product. I was just wondering what the actual policy was if any.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That's insane. I'm going with my local guy again. $600 for a driveshaft is just too much. $300 is more like it. There is simply no way I could find it in myself to pay that for a driveshaft.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Just remember, a year from now when it still works great you will no longer care what it cost. You will just be glad its spinning away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that's right. I just cringe at the idea of spending all that moola on a shaft.

13. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

I look at a driveshaft as a "rebuildable" item Unless you wrap it around a boulder, as opposed to tires which could cost about the same but are basically a throw away item when the tread is gone. Also, that driveshaft has real resale value. And as was mentioned, quality costs, you get what you pay for.

14. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

1310 sucks. If you wheel at all go 1350 or 1410. The 1350 with flange from Jess is well worth the money and wont leave you stranded on the trail (or on a city street like mine did). DO NOT settle for 2nd best. I did and thats why I no longer have a wheeling machine.

15. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Does Jess do 1410 CV as well?

Stock ford 1ton front output CV....1310?