Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I get screwed on ebay?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JeffHK5, Oct 18, 2005.

1. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Let me tell my story very quickly. I bought some parts off ebay for a total of $453 to my door. I won them on Sept23 , paid with PayPal on the Sept23 they cleared on Sept28 using the Echeck feature. I received no emails from seller or tracking info from DHL. I started to worry and after many unanswered emails and phone calls I then received a email thru ebay on Oct 5 stating that my items where to ship on Oct6 , and that I would received tracking info from DHL in 1-5 days. Never got tracking info ,emailed and called 15 more times with no replies, filled claims on Oct 16 with both ebay and PayPal . This is the funny part, he will not answer his emails charging him with fraud! :crazy: There is no record of him shipping my stuff thru DHL ether

Whats the chance of me getting my cash back?

This guy is a "POWER SELLER" with over 700 sales in two years and in the last three weeks he has had 7 negative feed backs and 5 "money returned to buyer" posts.

Thanks , Jeff

2. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

all hope isn't lost, but it sounds bad. Good thing you paid through PayPal, that right there will get you a good chance of getting your money back. I bought a $130 calculator and never got it, but after about 2 weeks of PayPal trying to collect, they gave me a full refund.

3. gauder

gauder Banned

I've heard that as long as you file a claim with paypal within the 30 day limit, you'll make out o.k.

Sorry to hear about this though.

4. 350k5

350k5 1/2 ton status

Yea, don't worry paying through PayPal will keep you safe - No Item and You'll get your money back. But getting your money back dosen't put the stuff you bought in your hands so that does suck. Sorry about the bad luck, don't worry though... you aren't going to lose anything.

5. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Keep those " your not screwed" posts coming ! :D

I hope that paying with PayPal has protected me . It just makes me not want to do business on ebay. :(

Jeff

6. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

What was the sellers user name?
    Was it "22mean"?
    I bought a rr drive shaft from this guy on Aug01, Paid it by Paypal the day I won the bid. This guy never returned any E-mails, I got reaaly pissed and was about to make a claim when he finaly e-mailed me and said he was out of the country and he was gonna pay for the frieght for the delay. Well that being said I finaly got my shaft today Oct 18th :(

7. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

No , thats not his name. I will post his life history if this works out bad :mad:

Till then I'll hold my tongue!

Thanks guys, Jeff

8. bridgeguy

bridgeguy Registered Member

Everything should work out just fine since you used Paypal. One thing to remember: if he's gotten all this negative stuff in the past three weeks, there could be something major going on in his life which makes him unable to do what needs to be done. Not trying to justify what's happening to you, but most Ebay sellers are people like us who are just trying to make some money.

Now, if he has a long history of negative feedback, I take it all back.

I've just run into some sellers who, at times, have some issues in their family and stuff that get in the way of completing the transaction. For the most part, if all the negative feedback is recent, you should be in perfect shape to get either what you wanted or your money back.

If I were in your position I would be a little tense as well. Good luck with everything.

9. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

I would like to think that he is a honest guy that got behind on his shipping, but I don't think so! Since I have been fighting with him he has left 4 or 5 nasty responses to other people that left him negative feed back. All his comments try to discredit these people as "rookie buyers that don't know how to use ebay" . He told me that I had been screening him with my spamblocker , I then informed him that I turned off spamblocker the day I won his item , as per his instructions! He never responded again. :rolleyes:

Jeff

10. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I always make sure I use paypal plus credit card. I have never had a credit card company not refund my money within a few days on bad ebay transactions. Good luck bud but don't let it go too long. The sooner you take serious action to get the money back the better. I learned and took a 1500.00 hit a few years ago because I let the buyer keep putting me off and then ran out of time and got nothing back. Plus I paid with a Western Union money order so that was a bust.

11. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

What is his screen name so the rest of us don't buy from him?

12. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

As a seller on eBay -- Yes, you will get your money back from paypal.

Just make sure you save all of the e-mails and such. I have dealt with buyers who claim they never receieved their merchandise (even with tracking, and all guidelines followed) and Paypal still gives the money back to the buyer.

I've been screwed by Paypal, because I'm a seller -- however, paypal has done me well when I was a buyer.

Don't worry.

13. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to p*ss on your fireworks but Paypal ain't totally reliable. I bought something from a seller in Australia. It never turned up. When I put a claim in with paypal she had closed that paypal account and all I got back was the 30 cents that was in the account. She is trading on ebay but under a different user name and keeping her feedback private. She has a different account now too. Ebay nor paypal will do anything about her because (I reckon) she sells so much, so they make a lot of money from her!
    Good luck with yours though.

14. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

His screen name is "fribrian" , and I have been emailing every person he has bidding on his stuff. It's not a nasty or untruthful message just telling potential buyers to check with ebay/paypal on the sellers current clams against him. From the information I got from ebay this is a legal move as long as all statements I make are true.

Jeff

15. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

What is his username. That is incorrect???

EBAY SEARCH "No exact match and 14 close matches for member: fribrian"

16. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Your correct Bozowise, I missed spelled his name but it turns out that was a good thing. I got a pm from a wise CK5 user telling me that I should not give his user name out until my clam is completed. I know it's a little chickenshi+ but I don't want to jeopardize my $450 :crazy: .

All I can tell you is that if you bid on his stuff that you will get a email from me or my buddy thru ebay telling you to check with ebay about his history. I think he's working with ebay currently to make good on several auctions.