Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

did I get screwed??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OU812, Apr 10, 2002.

1. OU812

OU812 Registered Member

74 stock, runs great, good body and paint, top in great shape, decent interior, sm465= 800 bones

2. OU812

OU812 Registered Member

Oh the only problems is I think it has a broken hub, needs brakes, a lift, tires, locker, battery, and a fuse for the brake lamps. The worst thing about the deal is I had to drive 3 hours to get it.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

What part of CA are you in? Around here I see rusted out K5's going for $2,000 and people pay for them!! I'd say you got a good deal...

4. OU812

OU812 Registered Member

Oh I know I got a good deal. I totaled my 75 2 years ago have been thinking about another one or a 4-Runner (oops did I admit that?) Well I cam across this thing and drove the 3 hours the next day. It was in way better condition than I expected it to be. I might go with a double box set up too since I have a 205 laying around andthe cash to do it, it has an SM 465 in it and I like to play in the rocks so YEEEE HAAAAAA.

5. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Screwed heck no I paid $1900 for mine it was a little better than that one but $800 is a good price for it, now about the lift, tires and all the cosmetic work that's up to you, you could get one already built like you want it for around 6 or 7K but it feels better when you do the work yourself.

6. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Dude, the paint job is worth 800 beans!

7. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

you dont want it i'll pay the 800 and come get it from washington... it's a full topper man!!!

8. OU812

OU812 Registered Member

I have a 14 bolt and 8 lug 44 sitting in the garage ready to go in. Im thinking 6" and 38's should do just fine.

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I am SO GLAD somebody bought that truck. I wish I was closer to CA to get it my self. It is in such good shape for it's age. Now a little tip you may not know....that is a VERY rare tranny/transfercase set up. It has the hardest parts to find to make a Doubler www.offroaddesign.com Good score. I was afraid some jeeper was going to get it just to rape the tranny and case out of it.
    Welcome to CK5....you will be spending a lot of time here /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

How close to Fresno are you?

11. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Hey I knew that truck looked familiar. You got it in Davis right. I was gonna pick it up myself but I had no room for it. Glad someone on here picked it up. Have fun with the build up, sounds like you got a good plan.

12. OU812

OU812 Registered Member

friz I am in Kingsburg. I am the guy who sold Digger that th350 to 205 adapter right before High Sierra last year.

13. OU812

OU812 Registered Member

Grim this is the second 74 with this combo I have owned it is a great set up.

14. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Good [censored] bro. Paid $2000 for mine...Stock with 31's. Pictures in the link below. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

15. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I only paid a Dollar for my 75 and drove it home /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Course the Dollar didn't include floors LOL.
    I pad $3400 for the 79 five years ago. It is loaded though and everyting works including the A/C and Cruise control. Unfortunatly I fried an engine about 2 years later. Had it WAY nosed over for a long while and the oil pump was sucking air since all the oil was pooled up buy the timming chain. Got a cool pictures I'll have to scan with both back wheels off the ground in a different place /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I need to scan that one.