Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I just completely hose myself?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TravisO, Mar 26, 2006.

1. TravisO

TravisO 1/2 ton status

I turned in my old block for a reman 350 block but forgot to take off the rear main seal housing. I've got an '87-'95 TBI 350 that uses a one piece rear main seal and there is a housing that bolts over the back of the crank with 4 bolts that covers the rear main seal. The oil pan gasket goes over this housing as well so without a replacement I cannot install the rear main seal or the oil pan.

Where can I find one without going to the dealership for my annual exam. I also don't want to go to the junkyard and spend a half day separating a tranny from an engine just for one little part. Any ideas?
    Travis

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Should be able to go to any local speed/engine machine shop as they usually have core blocks sitting around that you might be able to get the part from.

3. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

Go back to the place you got it from. If they're reputable, they'll let you pull it off.

4. TravisO

TravisO 1/2 ton status

Bought it as a full reman from Autozone for $1000. They are just a middle man for the shop that does the work (Evergreen, out of Washington just north of me) and so I got a call in to the Manager at Autozone. He'll have to call Evergreen on Monday. My block went back to them as a core 6 months ago and I just now got around to putting the engine in. Doh!
    Travis