Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did I just ruin my new TBI??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mastiff, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Okay, so I'm debugging my new TBI system and I decide to replace the gasket at the intake manifold. This involves removing the fuel lines at the throttle body. In my case, I have high pressure rubber fuel line coming up to the throttle body with a pushlock AN fitting at the end of the rubber, then an adapter to go into the actual throttle body thing itself.

I'm trying to loosen the rubber line fitting from the adapter and the adapter is turning, so I think the adapter is kinda loose in the throttle body. I decide to snug it down a little and something gives. Turns out that I cracked the place on the TBI where the adapter enters.

So my question is, how bad is this? It's not actually the throttle body itself, it's part of the injector assembly or something. I'm not real familiar with this stuff. Can I go to an auto parts store and get the part I cracked, or is this stuff hard to get?

This is a serious bummer, I'm so unhappy right now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

can you get pictures of the peice you are talking about?

3. Mastiff

This is the best picture I could find:

[​IMG]

On there, I was turning #31 and I guess I destroyed the entire #21. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I was hoping it broke into small parts or something.

Can a person buy a #21, or do you have to find it at a junk yard or something? Or maybe it's repairable somehow.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

its almanium right? i dont think youll have an easy time of it i fixed a larger part in school (from a snowmobeal)
    with an alum mig afrter fileing the crack to an open V
    for that unless your set up for full temp brazzing is low temp aulm brazzing rod, developed for fixing canoes with a plubing torch could work /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    sorry /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

6. Mastiff