Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did Interco finally do it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by morphed86k10, Feb 11, 2003.

1. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

...and make a 36-14.50-R16 Swamper TSL? In the new Petersens on page 72 the National Tire and Wheel ad lists this size in bold as if it were a new tire...but I can't find any reference to it anywhere else.
    I've been wanting this tire for a while, anyone know if its for real?

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

3. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

Not the boggers, that size has been out for a while. I meant the radial TSL's.

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I need to call Interco to ask about the status of some new tires - I will ask about that size for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I also saw that size listed (36x14.50R16). That same ad also listed some other new sizes in varios Interco styles, such as a 38.5x15 SSR.

6. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

38.5x16R16 Boggers, I just found my next tire!

Lets pray for all their tires sizes on 16s now!
    andy

7. Mudzer

You are correct. Just spoke to them and they have that tire in a radial TSL 36x14.5/16 in a load rating of "E". Part number should be SAM-66R.

In talking to Interco, there are many new sizes being developed. They are also pushing the issue of larger rim sizes. Not so the tires and rims are Pimp /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif - but for reasons such as: "Tires are lighter, easier to balance and less likely to have sidewall damage".

They are also designing a new "All Around Tire" which will be Bogger/TSL'ish and could possibly become a full line tire.

Not sure if I will have a set prior to the Midwest Spring K5 Thing, but stay tuned - I'll post pics when I get a set to test.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

what i wanna know is when are they gonna make a 39.5/42" boggers in 15" widths. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif boggers are kick azz... but i really dont wanna run 18-20" tires on my rig... just to fat.

j

9. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

Any details or web sites on other tire sizes coming out for TSLs? I found the Bogger new stuff on Interco's website.

andy

10. Mudzer

I would have to call and ask for all of their updates. Not sure if I want to do that, or just push them to update their site!

Either way, I am sure if you are in the market for a new tire soon, you could call Interco direct and give them roughly the size you are looking for, and see if they will be molding them anytime soon.