Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did me some 'wheeling

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Jun 22, 2001

I took my Explorer out with some guys from www.4x4ord.com today to the North Sand Hills just outside Cowdry, Colorado (near the Wyoming Colorado border)... My truck did very well and I can't wait to get me a lift kit and big tires /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was a very pretty ride, too...

I took I-25 to Ft. Collins to meet the group, then we went up highway 14 through the Poudre River Canyon. That's always a nice drive, but I hadn't had a chance to see it covered in snow until today. Roads were clear and the weather was nice until the continental divide, it was a bit icy... Then we made it to the sand hills and just explored the different trails and fence roads, had loads of fun. Then we parted ways and I took highway 127 to Laramie, which was also a very nice drive. The Medicine Bow National Forest is very nice, tall trees, mountains, wildlife. I found me a nice private place to pull off and have some lunch, where I spotted an animal of some sort (Antelope?) about 20 feet in front of me... I wanted to get a picture of it just standing there, but instead I got one of it crossing the highway...

Anyway, if you'd like to see pics, go here: http://community.webshots.com/album/68693921efTfJP
    There aren't as many scenerey shots as I would've liked to have taken. I wish we weren't in such a hurry to get to the Sand Hills so we could've pulled over for pictures of the Poudre Canyon. And I didn't even think about taking pitcures in the Medicine Bow Forest, I just wanted to get home before the snow storm got to me... I ended up driving through it anyway, but that's beside the point. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sep 1, 2001
    Re: Did me some \'wheeling

So you drive threw Fort Collins to go wheeling and you don't even let me or FortCollinsRam know about it? Whats the deal /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif? No just kidding. I actually slept in today and went a killer car show. I got to watch a rediculous burnout contest. I was close enough that I had to breath smoke sometimes, and I got hit by small pieces of hot rubber. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Your animal pictured appears to be a doe mule deer. Hence the big white arse. Definitly not an antelope, or goats as you Wyo's call them.