Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did my good deed for the year....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Confedneck79K30, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

so i came into a few hundred bucks of 'extra' money, ya know, all the bills are paid this month and there's more than normal in our savings for the month, and i made 500 extra bucks, so i bought some parts for my truck and some more parts for my truck...

this evening the wife and i went out to dinner at a resturaunt called hops... last week we went to the same place about the same time... we had a really cute little waitress, but she was worthless, 50 dollar tab, 10 dollar tip...

this week we had a guy waiter or server or whatever, but he rocked, was on the ball, and even remembered my wifes order, when she wasnt sure if it was right or not when it came around... so i took 100 bucks and set it in the envelope with the bill for 37 bucks and handed it to him and told him to have a good weekend... makes ya feel good about doing something nice for someone

we'll be back, maybe he'll be there next week too, never had good service like that, anywhere...

so i did my good deed for the year, dont expect anymore from me lol

2. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

lol, i'm guilty of bad tipping

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I wanna go out to eat with you... "I'll cover the bill, you just get the tip". :D :D

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

From a resteraunt worker, thank you. I've seen it done before, and all the them were deeply appreciative.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you da man.i give huge tips also.my pizza man loves me.if the bill is $12.00 i give him $20.00

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It doesn't matter how high the bill is, if the waitress is worthless, she isn't getting anything. I tip for service. Another thing that burns me is when they start begging for tips..................

After about 11pm, there is only one place in town to have a sit down meal and we find ourselves there quite frequently. Apparently all of our name tags read Deputy I Give a **** because as soon as we walk in, this one particular waitress, who is always there when we show up, has to immediately do the old "so how is your night going?" then she replies with some remark such as "I'm so tired" "I've been so busy" or some other crap. Of course every so often she sits down with us like we really want to have stimulating conversation with her. We don't and she usually gets the message. The last two times we've gone in there, when we were paying, she's ringing us up and starts in with the "your waitress would appreciate tips" comments.

Good service gets tips, bad service gets squat........................

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I agree with BRB..good service means tips, bad service gets squat..

One time my my wife and I were in a kings family restaraunt near her moms house in PA... We had a long wait for a table, so I wander over to the machine with the claw and all the stuffed animals.. I extract an elmo doll with my first quarter, then we go eat..

the waitress ( who was of top notch serving - wench quality ) tells us that she'd been TRYING to get that elmo doll for her kid all week, and she was happy someone finally got it.. when we left, her tip was sitting under the elmo doll we left her.. she came running out of the place, and about tackled us while she was crying and thanking us..

I've also handed the toys I've won to random kids who were fascinated with the machine, but weren't able to play..

It feels good to randomly do nice things for people..

Tom

8. Confedneck79K30

i wish i had enough mad-claw skillz to win stuff in the mochine, i did win something once, and gave it away, usually at the fair and oktoberfest i win all sortsa crap and what the hell am i gonna do with an inflatable hammer or crayon, little kids love that crap

9. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Normally I dont have the money to tip that big, but I will give 25-50% of the tab if the waiter/waitress is good.

If they really suck though, I will round off my bill to the next dollar and they get a few cents in change. I think thats meaner than getting nothing. Thats only in extreme cases though, like when my glass stays empty for the whole meal and they dont come back and ask if we need anything.

10. Confedneck79K30

i usually round up to the nearest whole amount, if its 32 i make it 40, if its 38 i make it 45, but i had some spare cash so, i figured he was probably underpaid and would appreciate it, what with being 19 or 20 and valentines day on the way anyways

11. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I'm real picky about tipping. If service was good (or the waitress was hot), I'll tip pretty well. If service was lame, you ain't gettin ****.

12. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I always try to give a good tip when we go out to eat. That's me, my wife and 3 kids. If the service sucks, I'll tip less than a dollar. If you give a really crappy tip they know they sucked as your server. If you don't tip, then they just think you forgot. So remember, if they service sucked give a really small tip to they know that they sucked as your server.

Rick

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I disagree. Some people simply dont know how to tip at all. I was a waiter at a very well known restaurant and learned after years of being there that some people dont get the idea that servers arent paid squat hourly...that they make all of their money in tips. I KNOW i have given several tables good...if not excellent service....and I have gotten some measly $1-$2 tips on $65+ tabs. One lady even told me the service was excellent and tipped 45 cents on over $50 dollars (and that was after I had gotten her 3 little kids full to go cups and coloring books with crayons for the ride because they were on a long road trip).

But if you tip your waiter good because the service was good, they will appreciate it greatly. Next time you have that waiter/waitress the service should be excellent because they like you.
    -Harrison