Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

did rick make it to vancouver?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by leadfoot067, Apr 23, 2005.

1. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

??????

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I just got up and there was a message on my cell from 11pm last night saying he broke down about 80 miles north of vancouver. I've tried to call him twice this morning with no answer, if anyone else wants to try and call, pm me and I'll give you his cell number.

3. leadfoot067

he called me at 11ish last night...needing an ignition module for his ford....but i dont have one..and i dont even know anyone with a ford truck ....and no parts stores open that time in the night...thats why i was wonderin if he made it...

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn, he just left a message saying he was broke down and needed parts, didn't say what. Wouldn't of done any good anyways as I don't have any ford parts either. Hope he finally made it.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Just got off the phone with Rick and his truck is fixed and is now in route to Vancouver finally. He had to replace the module, then 15 miles down the road, blew the coil.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  6. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

i've been talking to Rick, here's the scoop: Truck died at exit 82 - Centralia, no spark, no pulse at the negative side of the coil. Rick and Jack spend the night on the side of the freeway in the truck and walk to Schuck's in the morning and get a module. They go back and put it in the truck, drive 11 miles everything going fine and the POS ford dies again. It will restart, but as soon as they give it gas the dies. So they idle down the shoulder to exit 71 and get to a truck stop (Jackson Hwy exit?) The truck has an intermittant no spark condition, checking the coil with a test light they find power to the positive side, but no power to the negative side unless the engine is cranking and then it is sporatic. Diagnosis: broken windings in the coil (wish you guys would have dug the test light out last night :blush: ) Jack finds a wrecking yard up the road and gets a coil and a module (just in case) they put it in and are back on the road as of around 2:00 Saturday afternoon. It has been pouring rain on them all day. What a long, crappy trip. I sure appriciate Rick getting my tranny and I know everyone else that he is running parts for feels the same.

Morale of the story: Sucks to own a Ford :D

-Didn't see that last post :o

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yep, he made it. tires dropped off, radiator / th400 picked up.

j

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Good to hear Rick and Jack finally made it :thumb: Hope the trip back is better than the trip down.

9. leadfoot067

cool glad they got it fixed...ive had those kinda days myself....

10. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

well I finally made it home. after a hell of a weekend. and getting down there to find out the trailer i was supposed to pick up was too small and wouldnt fit a full size rig on it. but i got my radiator and a make shift back seat. dropped off leadfoots tires and picked up a top for my blazer and picked up a tranny for brent(seattlek5) so i guess it wasnt a waist after all but it would have been nicce for the trip to go a little smoother.