Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did SLYDOG rip me off??? UPDATED!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by arq, Mar 18, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

did he??, I'll have to say NO. As many of you posted, We(I) should of checked out the goods at that moment, which I did not. he recently replied and all is well now. He felt bad about the whole ordeal and that scared him away from here. Which was not my intention. He is(or was at that time) a young kid and am sure he is still learning the ropes. We all grow and make good and bad judgments from time to time. Anyhow, it feels good to put this all behind and make the best of it from now on. So if you see him around I hope no one bashes him. I'm sure he feels bad enough about this already.

ARQ

[ QUOTE ]

you decide. I've been trying to contact him but no replys. so before you do buisness with him make sure you check what you get. that was my mistake, but didn't think he would be so dishonest. lot of people know me, i am sure those who know me will give a good word for me. so here is my story...
    <br>
    <br>I had an axel set d44/14ff that i swaped for his np205/adapter. i told him that the axle set had been laying around for about 10yrs, rear yoke was missing. I said i'd get it for him. the front diff was missing a caliper and rotor was gone. I sent him pics and told him.
    <br>well we were to meet 1/2 way from each other, about 100 miles from each of us. his dad call me up that morning(i'm like halfway there) and tells me that there is a crack on the adapter. so i tell him though in the tranny. tranny suposobly(sp) needed a rebuild.
    <br>we did the swap, i went my way he went his way. got home unloaded the stuff, found out that the Xcase was cracked. adapter was slplit in half. called him up and said was up with that. he apoligized and ended that, i still had the tranny. well a few days later i take the tranny apart and hard parts are missing; governor, valve body. so i went to the local yard and bought a tranny for hard parts that were missing. now i'm pissed, told him about it and have not heard anything from him, YET.
    <br>
    <br>So, did SLYDOG pull a SCAM or should i have checked all the parts before i got took them home???
    <br>
    <br>here is a link where he states the tranny needs a rebuild and the Xcase that needs a minor repair.
    <br>
    <br>http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=partwanted&Number=303329&page=&view=&sb=&o=
    <br>
    <br>ARQ.
    <br>
    <br>PS: sorry for the rant but i am pissed, sucks when someone rips you off. I told him everything that was wrong with the diffs and in turn i get a buch of sCRAP that i can't even used.

[\quote]

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Re: Did SLYDOG rip me off???

Welp... the fact that his dad called when you were halfway is enough to end the deal right there... But you kept going... Sure it's not fair that he didn't tell you everything about it (buncha B.S. is what it is), but that's the risk you take with dealing online... What you ask for is all SLYDOG has to give you, no matter if it's fair or not...

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Arq-

I don't no either of you, and have never bought/sold with either -- BUT I did a search on slydog- and it looks as though he posted on Friday- 3-14, but NOT again until 3-18 which is today- You don't say when you emailed with the problems etc.

it is I believe possible that he may not have known what was in the tranny or what was missing--- could have been that he didnt ever use the tranny it was from a yard- or a spare part he had lying around, which could be why? I dont know anything about transmissions- but seems to me that if he never took it apart- he may not have known. ??? is this making any sense? I guess we will know when he posts his reply- but I like to give the benefit of the doubt first.

Brandy

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I personally think that you should have posted this without using his name first ......... I mean without talking to him first. It maybe able to be settled between the two of you without having to give him a bad reputation unecessarily ...... If he did scam you ....... Shame on him ! I just think it was a little pre-mature to post the way you did ........... just my .02 . To me, it seems like the whole transaction was tainted all along ......... calling at the last minute, things not what they seemed to be, etc. .......... I would hope that none of us would knowingly screw each other ! Back off, Steph ....... your NEON manual is on it's way ... LOL ! ( inside deal ) /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

*** I am not ripping on Slydog, just telling my situation***

I dealt with Slydog when i was home from Spring break last week. I was supposed to be picking up a D44 from him that was internal style hubs with no lockouts (NP203 style I assumed). It was only supposed to have surface rust on it. When I got there to pick it up it turned out to be a D44 with external hubs that had drive flanges. Not the internal no lockout style like he stated. The rust wasn't horrible but there was some decent pitting going on. The axle wasn't what was stated, and what I was looking for, so I didn't buy it. He just didn't know what he had, and that may be what happened to you in part. If you traded him good parts for crap parts then I say he would either owe you $ or the parts back. Its just fair business.

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

lol, Hossbaby50. was one of the calipers missing and a rotor that looked paper thin?? if they are, those are the axels that i swaped him for the Xcase/adapter/tranny.

riz, i PMed him serveral times i have kept reciepts. so i know he has been reading my PMs.

ARQ.

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Thats the one. It had seen better days. Thats for sure. I have never seen or heard of a rotor that bad, I don't know how someone actually got a rotor that thin. It was actually worn all the way threw in spots.

8. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

from what i gather he is just an imature young kid trying to make money of honest ppl . he soent even know what he is selling .

9. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

From what I'd wager, the tranny/etc was like that when he got it - he hasn't had his Blazer very long, and is just a kid still. Probably didn't really know what he was looking at/dealing with.

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue>Maybe he should learn more about what he's got before he tries to sell it then ........ I admit that I don't know everything myself, but if I sell something, I find out exactly what I have for the buyer ........ It's not like he doesn't know where to go for help figuring out what he's got right ?

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Personally, I would have changed my mind on the deal when his dad called and changed the already agreed-on description...

I agree with Riz though, you should have posted with him being anonymous before using his name. Unless he came right out and already said sorry, deal is done.

12. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Good point there too - I'm really curious to see how this all works out, like watching "Dallas"/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

here's my take on things. all in all, i think 99% of the guys on here are sincere, and no one would deliberately try to screw someone. but then again, that leaves us with that 1%. first of all, i woulda first given the kid the benefit of the doubt without using his username for a while. im guessing the kid just didnt know what he had. of course in my opinion that makes you entitled to some sort of refund, or return, since you didnt not get what was described. i have bought a few things on this board, and have been happy with all of them. also, i have sold many things on this board, and if any buyers were not happy with the items, i would gladly refund / return., as long as it was within a few days of the recieving of the item. anyways, long story short, since you guys live relatively close to each other, maybe a REFUND and/or RETURN, along with and APOLOGY can be made....and then we can all be freinds again! ....my 2 cents

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ok... I think you need to simply get your stuff back, he his and then be done with it. His dad called you saying there was a crack, but you chose to proceed, and you asked them to throw in the tranny which turned out to be in not so hot condition.... but you did ask for the tranny to be added in. The tranny I can see you not knowing it was messed up there on the spot without opening up.... but the adapter you were told it was cracked.... like I said you both change back stuff. I'd waited and tried a little harder to get in touch with him and stated that if wouldn't reply then you were going to post about it. He probably won't be back now because I wouldn't be.... I'd be very embarrassed if that happened to me.........

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue>Over all, this was a poor transaction on both of your parts,........hopefully you guys can settle this with both of you ending up satisfied .

16. ChevyCaGal

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Back off, Steph ....... your NEON manual is on it's way ... LOL ! ( inside deal )

<hr></blockquote>
    I don't get it... and I have an automatic...

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Funny ......... I'll be sending it out this week.

18. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Pistols at dawn dude... its the only way to settle this once and for all.

19. ChevyCaGal

Oh I had forgotten about that... I was thinking about the tranny when you said that Kev... I wasn't sweating it... so don't you sweat it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

20. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I've been so busy and I keep forgetting ........ my bad.