Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

did some four wheelin in the car today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, May 1, 2003.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

here I am,no being able to drive my truck.I get stuck with the 1985 pontiac T1000.I'm driving to moms house just after it rained this morning.as I'm driving I see this alley way thats got a little bit of water in it,so I say WTF,Im going to go straight thru it.I splash thru the water like a 16 yearold kid when he first gets his license /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    my 155/80/r13's are spinning and churning up the mud like a brand new set of boggers.I'm doing real well at this point half way to the end,Im putting on a show for the old lady and her daughter taking out the trash,cuttin the wheel left and right to get traction on my imaginery front axle.Im kicking mud a wopping 3 feet in the air,revs are high but thats to keep the tires displacing mud with their all-season tread design.I come up to the end and stop dead in the 12" deep mud hole."damn!" I think to myself but not out loud to to take away my glory from the two watching me in awe.I throw back on my wanna be hurst shifter,putting it in 1st,but Im not going anywhere,I throw it up into reverse and ease into the gas hopeing I wont break an axle shaft with all that power.I drive back about 5 feet then stop,and then proceed forward to find myself not doing anything,my stock street tires just wont grab any more,I have no choice but to give up all hope.I hear a bunch of laughter comming from a house,to find 2 grown men,video taping me,laughing the hardest I have ever seen anyone before.they ask me if I need a pull,which I accept.I get pulled out from an 80's model toyota 4x4,which laughs in the face of my T1000 on the reciving end of of the tow strap.I leave the scene with my tail between my legs,as Im known now for the guy who takes his little car thru mud infested alleys where garbage trucks get stuck.this is ok for when I get my truck back in action I will claim that victory over that alley once and for all. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I feel your pain I can't drive any of my trucks right now I'm stuck drivin' my buddy's moms cutlass supreme convertible ..... nice car and I'm glad to drive it but I miss my trucks /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson Registered Member

At least you had someone near to pull you out....if I would have done something like that
    I would have either gotten arrested or left stranded with a dead cell phone and no one around for miles.

I would go back and see if the guy will give you a copy of his video....

4. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

you're such a goon! I can't do stuff like that on my motorcycle, but I'm digging into the truck this afternoon. Phase 1 in getting it running again.

I did get a little dirt track action the other day, just about soiled myself when my back wheel tried to pass my front on the right side...managed to ride it out, but the old sphincter clenched up real tight for a minute there.

5. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah, you could post it here /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I'd like to see it...bring it over.

7. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Yeah man, Drive it like you stole it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Fun is where you make it. Thanks, I needed a good laugh /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Remember dirt roads (or alleys in this case) are always faster than paved roads--even when they aren't /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Just do like the import guys do to make there cars go faster and throw some stickers on it. Bogger/Swamper stickers on the Pontiac should get it through the alley with no problems. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

dam thats cool, to bad you gott stuck. Does any one here have any photos of cars with bogger tires on them?

LooksBack

11. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just do like the import guys do to make there cars go faster and throw some stickers on it. Bogger/Swamper stickers on the Pontiac should get it through the alley with no problems. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

put them over the front tires for a performance weight increase for traction /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw, what kind of alley has a mudhole?
    at first i was thinking "city"....did u mean hollar?

and also...whats wrong with splashing? i do it all the time....those mudpuddles call my name

12. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

sorry I didnt get any pics,I might stop buy the house and see if I can get a copy of the tape /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifand we just got an ass load of rain,so that dirt alley turned real bad in about 1 hour /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifIf I can recall this is the same alley that I saw a garbage truck stuck at,the city came out with this huge tow truck to pull it out,keep in mind this is in the city,and the alley wasnt that deep,just real slick.
    I spashed around in puddles when I first got my license also,but I was doing it in a ford bronco 2 /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif