Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

did the general use a limited slip in any one ton military units

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TorkDSR, Nov 21, 2002.

1. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

im trying to get some info on a military 14 bolt... can it have a limited slip, or is it detroit ar nothin'?

and with the D60 front.... if i cant see in the oil hole is that the trac-loc im seeing?

picking up some rears, just wanna be sure what im getting. they're for my pop's yj... he wants to be like me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

thanks, Ryan

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Should be a Detroit in the rear and some of the fronts had limited slips. It's more likely that the front is open though. </font color>

3. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

every one i've worked on when we were still useing them all had detroits i look in the manual and the breakdown of the axle show only detroit as well!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

All the 14FF had No-Spins (lockers). Only a few of the D60 had limited slips; M1031 chassis Maintenance Truck and some of the M1028A1/A2 Radio shelter carriers, IIRC /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Ryan,
    The rear will either be open or have a Detroit. I talked to Roger about this a few weeks ago and he has only ever seen 1 14ff with 4:56's and a Gov Lock that was factory installed. Also the Dana might have the trac lok. It's a 50/50 shot on the front. Either way at the price he wants you better get them soon.

6. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

a posi in the front would be a bit odd with an open rear...specially if they are outta the same truck... i hope its not a Gov-loc

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

If it is a gov lock and 4:56's in the 14ff let me know and I will swap you a detroit with 4:56's for it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif actually the M trucks were either open or detroited. I wanted a gov lock 4:56 axle for Donna and I can't find one so she will be stuck with a Detroit unless I do thick gears on a 4:10 carrier.

8. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

pop picked the axles up today... and you know what...they look like axles /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i didnt feel like picking the pig up to see if it was locked.

Ryan

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status