Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did the total clean out of the jimmy......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speed_deed, Jul 24, 2001.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I rinsed off the JIMMY and then decide to go under her for a total rinse down. While under there I took out mud by the hand full. I reached back up behind the running boards and I found it filled with mud and corn stalks. LOL at first I wondered WHERe IN THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM? but then remember the pheasant hunt back in november of '00 and how I had to gather up stalks to put under the back tires to get the JIMMY out of the field. So I continue cleaning and rolled the creeper over to the other running board and in there I found one of those little door signs that you put on your office door I rinsed it off and it read "fantasea employees only" "Fantasea is the now defunct local waterpark. When they tore it down back in april or so my ol' ,and and i went down and got alot of the wood from one of there waterslide towers. When we went I took the trailer off and we rolled up up to the then pile of wood and found that without any chainsaw pry bar or sledge hammer we were getting nothing so we were about to leave when it started to poor. We pulled forward then took a reverse run for it trying to get to the concrete and then we found ourselves screwed. we threw her into four wheel drive and got her turned around but it seemed we were in trouble. After 5 min. of forward reverse foward reverse, I got out and started lyikng the little surf board type chunks of wood down and my dad took a shot at her. He had to get his laughs in so when I bent over to lay down another board he floored it and covered my face with slop. You know when ya are covered in mud and you have sweat in your eyes but have nothing to wipe them with? I hate that and that is what we had 40 min. later i had the trailer on and we were ready to leave. But we didnt go through all that without getting something. no sir we got us about 15 outdoor flourescent light bars. Neeedless to see we went back atleast 2 more times, I wonder which tiem we picked up the sign? Anyway I got to go out and rinse off the driveway it now is the one covered in mud. Have any of you guys ever found souveniers from a mud bath that you didnt find till about a year later?

1985 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. 1970 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition steering column shift.

2. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

nope the only thing i find under my jimmy when i wash it is more rust that falls off. this thing is getting to be more work than i anticapated.

I did find a few deutchmarks under the dash of my porsche 911 when i pulled it off. that helped with the purchase of some por-15.

Craig

"Why is there a <font color=red>watermelon</font color=red> here?"