Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did the vortec 5.7 come with dual exhaust in 99 on any models.

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 87GMCJimmy, Feb 25, 2003.

1. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm putting a exhaust system on my 87 Jimmy and need to keep it emmision legal. To do that it has to have the same exhaust system that the stock truck had. I know the Tahoe that the motor came out of only had single exhaust but did any of the 3/4 ot 1 ton trucks have dual exhaust in 99 with the 5.7.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

No they just Y piped it out the back with duals aftermarket wise with Flowmasters or whatever else is out there. Stock is single pipe all the way out the back. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I don't think it is true-duals (probably cat-back), but the "Gladiator" Tahoes and Suburbans had dual exhaust. Check that out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 89K1500Chevy

Whoa cool i never heard of Galdiator packages but that sounds like a Kick A** package to get on a new truck or Suv /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Just for $hits and giggles, my Dad and I test drove a gladiator suburban conversion when he was looking around for a new truck. It was awesome. A little decked out for my likings in the interior, but the exhaust definitely had a nice tone/rumble. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Of course the price was a little steep too, being a new (at the time), 4x4 suburban with a custom conversion package /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

reviving an old post from the dead... many 96+ trucks had a dual in, single out muffler. while the y-pipe/converter assembly is all one piece, they are separate pipes. all you would need to do is remove the stock muffler, and run 2 tailpipes, as opposed to the factory single.

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Correct. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 89K1500Chevy

We had a 98 4 door tahoe in the shop that had a true dual exhaust package on it. Flows and everything but i never got to hear it running and they had been smoking some funny grass /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif in that thing but it Wreeked of it about 10 ft from the truck. they needed to put some of those pinetree airfresheners in there /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but it was pretty /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif tahoe and it was 4x4