Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did We Get A Good Deal? TC/Tranny Combo

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Hubby brought home a 1972 TH350/NP205 combo, bolted together including the crossmember. Shifter, etc included, still had fluid in the tranny. $75. What do you think of that price? Good or bad?
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

good score /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dave

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Is that some sick joke that you're trying to rub in our face. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Heck yeah it's a deal...provided it works well without needing $600 and 100 hours in fixes. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Hubby asked me if I mentioned the tranny has 15k on a rebuild /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Maybe now he'll get his rig fixed. It's been down since mid-October.

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

No way...where'd you score a deal like that?!?!?! Tell me where and I'll be taking a trip up north with some cash in hand.

So, what's that combo replacing? And, have you figured out his front axle dilemma yet? Going Dana 60 - or going to try and keep the 10 bolt alive?

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

A friend of ours came across the deal for us. We'd been looking for awhile. My K5 is doing alright but I have a bent driveshaft /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    This is replacing hubby's TH350/203 combo. He still has 2 broken axle shafts on his D44 front axle. Haven't found that needle in a haystack yet (cheap D60).