Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did ya vote??...I didn't...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Nov 8, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I didn't vote yesterday...brought my mom to the polls,but I stayed in the car..I didn't like ANY of the candidates,and figured if I did vote for the one I disliked the LEAST (which isn't in my opinion a good thing),I'd be on the losing end anyway..I was right,the candidate I would have voted for,an independent,only got 7% of the vote..so even if I did vote,it wouldn't have mattered..all the candidates did during the campain was slander each other,and skirt the real issues..:mad:

We have now made history again here in MA..now we are not only the first state with legalized gay marriage,we now have the distinction of having a black democrat govenor for the first time in our states history..he said during his campain he'd allow illegals to get drivers licences and FREE college tuition!..I wonder how many honest AMERICANS will get a free college tuition,and how many illegals will flock here now..(like we dont have enough already)...:doah:

The Democrats kicked butt here in just about ALL the races..looks like the economy will be in trouble again soon..every time a Democrat gets elected here,its hard times...sigh..looks like the trend is nationwide too..:(

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

:eek1: :eek1: :mad:

Excellent. Just excellent.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah, putting gay marriage and black people in the same category as illegal immigration, nice, very nice :rolleyes:

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

not putting anyone in "catagories"..

I'm just stating facts here---we do have gay marriage here,despite many residents opposing it..and yes,Davol Patrick did promise he'd allow illegal ailiens to get drivers licences and FREE college tuition...hope he was lying,or the senate shoots that idea down..

I'd love to see americans get something free for a change,instead of us handing out charity to those who dont belong here,period..a crappy way to win votes, and an election, in my opinion..

Maybe I should run for govenor,and tell everyone I'll decriminalize pot!--then all the stoners will vote ME in!..:surepal: ..but since I'm no millionaire,I wont be on the ballot..:crazy:

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

This is the first year I didn't vote. The attack ads made me sick. I still don't know what any of the candidates had to offer, all I know is what their opponent did wrong in their lives. I mean for ****s sake. I don't care that candidate "X" masturbated into a tubesock when he was a teenager. Or that Candidate "Y" pissed in a bowl of punch at their prom in 1975. I am ready to move to Canada, eh.

6. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

'Hindsight is 20/20'.
    With all due respect, you have no b-itching rights for the next 2 years because you didn't vote.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Saw that comin....

8. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I'm not a big Rush fan, but it's true what they say...

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I didn't vote,because I saw Borat. It was nice...high-five :haha:

10. 73k5blazer

Your vote is never wasted my friend. It always make a difference.

11. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

AMEN!

12. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

care to elaborate?

13. 73k5blazer

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/hooper1.html

I especially note the part about voting for a third party candidate is good, because as the third party numbers start to show any significance, then the major parties simply adopt those platforms and now you have somebody who represents your views.

14. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i gotta second that thought of not bitching if you didnt even vote, i didnt like angelides or schwarzenegger so, i voted libertarian, i was pretty sure olivier wasnt gonna win but i voted for him because i liked him the most. im going to bitch all day long though about schwarzenegger giving illegals free emergency healthcare. i gotta ask though; are people that damn stupid to vote for people who want to give **** away for free to illegals?

15. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Id also like to know who these people are...:rolleyes:

And on another note i saw a poll in the paper titled "what should we do in iraq" The number one answer was "Show the terrorist kind and compasion and eventually they will see we are not evil and will hand over their weapons" :eek1::eek1::eek1:Wtf is wrong with people:(

16. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I read a quote somewhere.. " it is useless for the sheep to take a vow of pacifism, as long as the wolves remain of a different opinion"..

your post reminded me of it, thouight I'd share.

Tom

17. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Yup.. tho' in addition to voting, the best way to get your voice heard,is to join groups that you agree with, and keep cutting them checks all year.. gotta keep them lobbyists greased and influencing congress to vote your way on things.. Personally, I like the NRA, John Birch Society, and SEMA has a nice lobbying organization on behalf of us gearheads.

Tom

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i dont EVER want to hear you bitch/whine/piss/moan about the laws, welfare, social security, or anything that elected officials have any bearing over until the next election.

19. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Bingo...all these people that complain, I always ask, "Did you vote?" When I hear "No", I tell them to just shut up since they did nothing to change the way things are done.:mad:

Remember...silence always favors the aggressor.

20. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry guys, but I've gotta disagree. I would have voted had I been home or smart enough to get an absentee ballot the last time I was there but I think the "you didn't vote, therefore you have no right to speak" mentality is a little overboard.

Personally, I'm mostly apathetic. Politicians will continue to be morons until the end of time. Libs want to give everything to people that don't deserve it and conservatives think that regulating our morals by law is the way to go.

I just want my own little island where nobody ****s with me.