Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

did you all see the Blazer on the TV

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblue, Apr 26, 2001.

1. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

did you all see the Blazer on the TV Show "Worst Drivers" or something like that. It was sick...the blazer was going up an insane hill climb and his axle broke...he started sideways and then flipped like 3.5 times. the blazer was trashed...after that I am thinking ROLL BAR for big blue. later

[​IMG]

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Was it the sam one that they showed on Ripley's? The stock blazer goin up lions back in moab, and rolling on the way down?

[​IMG]

3. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I don't think so, I just caught the clip at the end of the show, but it doesn't sound like the same one from what people are saying on the thread: "K-5 on TV".

I actually got a chance to talk to the tow truck driver that responded to that Blazer that rolled off Loin's Back a few years ago. Seems that the TV clip didn't tell the whole story. The girlfriend (?) was driving when it happened, but she had already done it a couple times. The owner of the truck, riding shotgun, had been working on the brakes earlier in the week. When they went out, he reached over from the passenger seat and put the truck in park, instantly destroying the park pawl and putting them in neutral, not first like they were. From what I can tell, she did a pretty good job of keeping the truck on track.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I saw that segment on that show last night also. Very lucky guy to be alive after he was thrown out. He even admitted he was NOT wearing a seat belt.
    BTW, that climb happened at Hollister Hills, CA, not at the Lions Back. That other K5 everyone saw go down the Lions Back was another one that sparked my memory. Bet that was a scarier ride than the one at Hollister!!! [​IMG]