Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did you find the time to cash my money order???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Jun 3, 2003.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

too many times i've seen fellow CK5'rs have to go thru hell just to get what they paid for or paid for what they delivered.....well i hope its not my turn!!

on 5/10 i was contacted by a fellow ck5'r regarding a drop pitman arm he had for sale. I had dibs, and needed to send a $30 money order. I did so.

on 5/18 he contacted me that he had recieved money order and that item would be sent the next day.

on 5/28, i contacted him via pm asking if item had shipped because i had not received it yet. he responded that i should be receiving soon because he had shipped previous week.

today is 6/3 and postman did not deliver. WTF??

I let him know at beginning of transaction that i needed this part.

Here are some suggestions going forward:
    1) CK5 needs to have a seller buyer rating system.
    2) If you plan on selling item, it should be required that you also post shipping window upon payment receipt.
    ex-- bumber for sale $30 - I can ship within 3 daysof payment reciept

3) If this is not possible, the members here should make it a common practice to do this on all for sale items and demand it from post that do not have this info.

4) All too often forgiveness is given to these people because they become "a stand up guy/girl"...well in my book there is no excuse for this sh*t, unless hospitalization was the reason.

input? (and please don't say give them a chance because i am sure they found time to cash the money order)

ok, i've vented. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I sold a linear amp to one member, and a Isotronic antenna to another. I took item to post office and mailed item while I cashed money order. Just makes sence to do so. If it's a large item, don't cash MO/check till sending item. Always try to get tracking number, and let person know via PM/Email/Phone call that item is shipped, and include said tracking number.

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

i agree totally. i haven't bought from anyone on here yet. but i've sold a few items. the ones i shipped by UPS, i gave them the tracking #, and then tried to check back with them to make sure that they received the item, and were happy with what i sold them. as far as i know, i haven't had any complaints yet. i helped one guy track down u-joint part #'s for the d-shaft i sold him. i think it's just wrong to sell something, get the cash, and then not deliver the product.

rick

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

all this damn talk about "Ck5.com needs a seller rating system blah blah blah" crap needs to stop. Unless you wanna write the code to do it, pay the money to keep it up for the bandwidth its wasteing and police it so that it isn't abused because some goof pay sent is check 4 days ago for a pallet of tires and he STILL hasn't gotten them.

It's a buyer beware world. I don't buy alot of junk anymore as I have gotten burned on these and other BB's.

as for your situation, call the person out. let's get it awn.

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

code? bandwidth? All you need is a post section where you post confirmed buys and name of buyer/seller. A simple search of the section would give you info needed when needed. As for the possibility of abuse? All of the post I've seen on this issue have been appropriate call outs after appropriate waiting periods. Who cares what has happened on other bb's, I am a member of this one.

K5thatShmobs is the seller.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    as for your situation, call the person out. let's get it awn.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

great, so you'll pay the proportinate cost of thise forum or section or whatever you call it.

You can't sprinkle on the magic fairy dust to get Steve more bandwidth....I've tried.

8. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

magic dust? let me check....nope don't have any.
    Honestly, I doubt that a section of the selling forum where members could post transaction experiences would impact bandwidth significantly (Steve, Mods? chime in). Steve has commented in the past that its the pic's that kill.

now back to the issue. I need this part!

9. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just close the f'in for sale section down.

More problems than what it is worth.

Go to ebay if you want buyer/seller ratings.

10. BJarvis354

BJarvis354 Registered Member

Zakk, I do understand what you are saying, but you gotta realize that people are getting burned by other members here, and that is not acceptable either. I am sure there is a solutuion to this problem...Maybe the cost of a system could be offset by a commission on the sales of the item that goes to steve. That way the cost of the code/bandwidth/etc. would be absorbed by the people who use CK5 to trade or sell parts. Thats the way ebay does it...If a dollar of every sale went to Steve I know he would be alot happier! Just an Idea for arguments sake!

Brady

11. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

people are getting burned because they are dealing with unknown NON memebers. I have seen very few storys of "I was burned by an Orange member!" threads around here.

Again, its a buyer beware world. I am very sorry that people are getting burned, but the internet is home for some crazy scams. it comes with the territory. Steve can't police every memmer to make sure they are a good person. If he did, i'm too much of an ass to get through, even though I ran the Save CK5.com fund back in March and helped get the upgrades. CanmoreK5 and his wife are doing the calendars at cost and the proceeds go to our favorite website.

In closing, it sucks. Call the guy out, let everyone including his mother and girlfriend know he is a dead beat and can't be trusted with a potato gun and then go toss him in a lake with lead flippers...to help him swim.

12. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    In closing, it sucks. Call the guy out, let everyone including his mother and girlfriend know he is a dead beat and can't be trusted with a potato gun and then go toss him in a lake with lead flippers...to help him swim

[/ QUOTE ]

i did a few post back

13. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    people are getting burned because they are dealing with unknown NON memebers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I checked only orange names could post items to sell here.

And as far as extra time/code/bandwidth. In another thread the owner of this site said himself this is a business. Well the customers are asking for something more for their entrance fee /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Shutting down the sale thread is not an option as it is advertised as one of the benefits of the orange name. If you advertise it as a benefit of being a paying member, you should learn to control it. A seller ratings page is not a bad idea, and as far as it being abused goes...the seller can respond to any complaints made by any buyers to refute a bad rating.

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

then it turns into a "he said, he said" thing.

again, who wants to take control of the beast? not me, i'd run a ship so tight in there that you guys wouldn't be able to breathe.

15. 2Dogs

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    people are getting burned because they are dealing with unknown NON memebers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I checked only orange names could post items to sell here.

And as far as extra time/code/bandwidth. In another thread the owner of this site said himself this is a business. Well the customers are asking for something more for their entrance fee /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Shutting down the sale thread is not an option as it is advertised as one of the benefits of the orange name. If you advertise it as a benefit of being a paying member, you should learn to control it. A seller ratings page is not a bad idea, and as far as it being abused goes...the seller can respond to any complaints made by any buyers to refute a bad rating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a user that is asking for LESS from my 'entrance fee' - less BS, less finger pointing, less drama, less posts abot this crap spilling over EVERYWHERE.

Negotiate the deal here, seller takes it to ebay with a 'buy-it-now' auction, buyer does his thing. Then you have tracking and recourse with both parties.

I DON'T NEED ANOTHER EBAY HERE.

16. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Look here for an idea
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/forsale

of how to set up a Buyer-Seller Reviews area
    all reviews are sent to a forum mod,
    then posted by the forum mod
    just an idea to think about

17. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am a user that is asking for LESS from my 'entrance fee' - less BS, less finger pointing, less drama, less posts abot this crap spilling over EVERYWHERE.

[/ QUOTE ]

as a user i am asking for more. Nothing wrong with that. Hell, nothing wrong with asking for less either. Hell just take away the ability to post anything and we have solved the whole thing.

This is not the first time a post such as this has been posted nor will it be the last. CK5'rs always pride themselves on the integrity of the site, the willingness of the members to go out of their way to help. Steve is seeking testimonies right now to publish to entice new members. We can not look the other way on the bad stuff. Easier to look the other way. May even be cheaper to look the other way. But enough members have expressed the need for such a forum/section that it deserves attention. If the good stuff can lead new members in, the bad stuff can turn them away.

18. 2Dogs

I think most of us would prefer to conduct business with other responsible people - like most of the members here.

The few jerkoffs that are exploiting this feature are detracting from this site.

I conducted business through this site and was quite pleased with my purchase and the seller's common courtesy throughout the entire deal. I do not know what is happening now - more deals or more jerkoffs. Just getting tired of these posts showing up everywhere.

I presented an alternative to the 'good faith' system. I say we use that in cases where buyer and seller are unsure of each other. I would also suggest to my next seller that we use the ebay method so I can use PayPal. I'll pay the ebay fees and PayPal fees on a negotiated deal.

I can buy $hit anywhere. I can NOT get a wheelin -sense of family, tech suport, and great entertainment /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif from just anywhere.

If you buy from here I think it is 'buyer-beware.' Maybe it will be better/different/easier when it is an all members site....

19. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> This would really be as easy as doing an escrow for bought items. I think that there are online places that do this for a small fee. </font>

20. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i hear ya 2dogs. Whether we take transactions offsite or something else, something needs to be done. Ebay is infested with fraudulant sellers. It does not take them long to find a new breeding ground. Like you said, it seems to be getting worse. I just want to end the "politeness" that I see too often with these post and just say it like it is. It would be too easy for a person to pay membership fee and then triple it through a bad sales deal, only because our genuine CK5 trust(a good thing) allowed them to do so. CK5 has given me much for my small membership fee, and I will continue to be a member. I would also like to be able to have a good place to buy used parts when needed and feel safe about doing so. In the end, it is truly a buyer beware, and I am sure (hope so) k5thatSmobs will come through in the end. Either way, these experiences tarnish
    the CK5 family.
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif