Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did You Know All This?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the US Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view ... it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.

DID YOU KNOW?

As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, DC

DID YOU KNOW?

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

DID YOU KNOW?

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said:

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

DID YOU KNOW?

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

DID YOU KNOW?

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.

DID YOU KNOW?
    Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law.anoligarchy
    the rule of few over many.

DID YOU KNOW?

The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:

"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?

Please forward this to everyone you can. Lets put it around the world and let the world see and remember what this great country was built on.

Thank you!!

Chamber, US House of Representatives

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't. Now it is your turn... It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a mess about having the 10 commandments on display or "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the 14% to Sit Down and SHUT UP!!! or go back to their country to live. If you agree, pass this on, if not simply delete.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

DID YOU KNOW?

I have the right to vote... and I'm not Christian :ignore:

The ten commandments are rules all civilized humans should live by, but that doesn't mean that everyone should be or vote christian.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thank you......great post!:waytogo:

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Hmmm... I was just going to post about the Ten Commandments... I saw a billboard last night while driving the work van that has them :) It's a billboard for a local body shop, but you can't really tell unless you look at their logo on the corner :cool1:

pretty excited about that...

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

[QOUTE]DID YOU KNOW?
    Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law.anoligarchy
    the rule of few over many.[/QOUTE]
    They should have called him; Thomas "The Greek" Jeffereson, because that is exactly what is taking place little by little in this country.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Another I should note. So should the laws that were in place when Jefferson was in charge(no voting for women, slavery) still be in effect because we shouldn't be making laws?

7. txfiremank5

Of course not.

-------------------------------------------

My bottom line opinion is: the majority is tired of the whining minority getting their little tushys wiped for ever little issue they can drudge up. If you make yourself the minority, by choice, by belief, then you should be forced to face the contrary beliefs of the majority, if you choose to vocalize those beliefs. Instead, it has gotten to the point that we are supposed to "stop all mention" of anything that the "few" don't agree with. To me that is just absurd. If you live in a world were everyone wears a blue hat.. and you choose to wear a red one .. you're going to be looked at. It does not give anyone the right to mistreat the person with the red hat.. People would question it, and you have no right to have laws changed so that the blue hat wearers, have to stop wearing their hats, while you continue to wear your red one. Yet, that is exactly the mentality of the "chosen minority" in this world today. Their beliefs are above everyone elses, their cause is more important than anyones.. they want "protection" from having to listen to anyone elses beliefs, yet they are quick to throw their beliefs in anyones face, at any time.

I'm sick of it.... and I'm not in the minority on that feeling as well.

This is my opinion... and it's not really open to much debate, since I'm entitled to it. I can predict, however, that the tush wiped minority, will be along shortly, to try and take that from me too.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No chit, I feel the same way.

9. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Your post makes no sense. It's saying that when the JUDICIAL branch starts making law that rules FEW over MANY, that's a problem. Not that nobody should make laws over ones lade over 200 years ago. You're trying to create a problem where there isn't one.

10. 89GMCSuburban

So we should shut down all roads in Moab because probably 80% of America, if asked, thinks off-roading is bad for the environment? Think about that.

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

**EDIT** just gonna start an argument that is pointless, we all believe what we want, tell me I'm wrong and we have an argument, leave me alone and I'll leave you be.

I have no problem with any of those things above(except for the laws being made and the idea of only voting for Christians) thats fine and dandy, you folks hold onto your beliefs. I admire you for it, its just not me.

12. txfiremank5

I'll reply to this, since it seems that you're asking me directly.

If you read my posted opinion, above, then you would know that my stance is, leave it be.. period. In my example, I used the blue hat, red hat.. if I was a happy go lucky blue hat dude.. I could care less if the guy next door wears a red, black or even pink one.. just don't try to stop me from wearing a blue one because you're uncomfortable being different.

As for the 80% of the country not using Moab, (off roaders being the minority in the equasion) I think it shows just how skewed things get in this country at times. It's a perfect example of being screwed if you're in the minority, and screwed if you're in the majority.. depending on the situation. But it alwas seems to come down to the whiners getting their way... (in the Moab context, the tree huggers etc.) which goes directly back to my previous post.

It boils down to the fact that we all share the same rights.. no one is sitting higher on the totem pole than anyone else. I have relatives that fought and died for my rights, just the same as others... and the "others" might not want me wheelin' in Moab.... but what gives them more rights than me? Nothing.. they don't, but tehy squak and whine until someone comes along to stick a pacifier in their puss so they'll shut up. It just seems to me that we are setting a standard in this country that lets the minority control how things will be. It's like their being rewarded for being non-conformist's. Granted, we all have the right to be who and what we want to be.. but not at the expence of others.

13. 89GMCSuburban

You just argued for the minority, 'cause what you just said......is exactly what they say.

14. txfiremank5

I think you would be hard pressed to find a tree hugger that says, "The 4 wheelers have just as much right to the outdoors as we do, so let them do their thing, and we'll do ours".

soooo.... let me think for a second...

yep...

:thinking:

YOU'RE WRONG

15. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I think that the point to be made was that courts aren't supposed to make laws, not that laws don't need changed or created over time. That's what congress is for.

16. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

And my kid can't pray in school. Ridiculous.

Good post though, and I was unaware of it! Ya learn something new every day.

As far as the Christian thing, I'm new to it (under a year), but I'm starting to understand. I've always believed in God, I was raised Catholic, but I've never had a relationship with Him. I won't go on, as I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I'm talking about, but I can honestly say becoming Christians has improved our family. I'm glad my kids have the opportunity to learn about this along with me.

17. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

It's sort of a double edged sword in this case. This country was founded on freedom, and that's why most people come here to live. In most cases, those families have their own religious beliefs, and the Constitution gives them the freedom to do that. I don't think that back when all these documents were written, the people involved were anticipating the amount of immigration from so many different countries and lifestyles that we have today. That's why I think we have so many issues today with whiners taking everyone to court over ridiculous issues. Lawyers (no offense to anyone) comb over the documents, find a loophole for their issue, and take advantage of it.

As far as having "God" on our money, and in our pledge, my opinion is that God can mean different things to different people. Just because it doesn't say "Allah" doesn't mean that it can't mean that.

Personally, I'm tired of all the PC bull. Some get offended way too easily these days, and that's where the trouble starts.

18. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Z3PR's initial post just serves as a reminder that a bunch of christians, leaning on christian principles, helped found this nation.

Nobody says that being christian is a requirement for citizenship. If you think you are made to feel that way, that's over emotionalism on your part. People only think they're persecuted, kept down and marginalized in this country. Have a discussion with a chinese immigrant, and find out how easy it really is to live as you wish in this country.

Tom

19. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I guess people can say the "god" can mean anything, but the "God" that is noted on so many of the articles, structures, etc. of the United States does not mean "anything". It is no doubt referring to the God of Scripture. That is the God this country was founded on. I agree that this country was founded on freedom and one of those is the freedom of religion. Our founding fathers were for the most part Christians. This country is a Christian country. People can worship anything they want without the fear of being persecuted. If you want to worship Buddha, Allah, or a rock you have the freedom to do so. BUT this country is(was) a Christian country.

20. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

I agree 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.