Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did you play with LEGOS when you were a kid?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by clubba68, Feb 22, 2004.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Check THIS out! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

They didn't have the cool Lego's when I was a kid.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

of course i did. i had some technic legos and once i built a truck with a working tranny and t case /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

would you like to play with my balls???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    would you like to play with my balls???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd let the LEGO creation in the upper right play with your balls. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah they did. you just dont have a brain in order to use the origonal style legos.

im almost 24 and i have 45lbs of legos sitting here next to me. before i packed them for the move i used to mess with them now and then.
    grant

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

In the words of the immortal Mr. Bill..."OOOOH NOOOOOOO!!!" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah they did. you just dont have a brain in order to use the origonal style legos.

im almost 24 and i have 45lbs of legos sitting here next to me. before i packed them for the move i used to mess with them now and then.
    grant

[/ QUOTE ] Well, that was quite rude. I'm almost 38, and what I consitter as the cool Lego's may be different then your opinion.

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yup, yup I still play with them, course now the kids get to keep them, but I still build cool stuff with em.

I have an off road HD wrecker that I built with an engine (technic engine V-10) dual tanks with crossover lines, fully routed exhaust, transmission (single speed /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif) transfer case (single speed /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) driveshafts to front steerable drive axle, tandum dually rears, and a fully functioning wrecker body, w/ underreach extendable boom with twin lines. Tool boxes on the sides, a sleeper cab with pass through storage, wind deflector working light bar (non lego parts)

It's pretty cool, but my youngest keeps getting to it and tearing it apart. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I can't find the driver side mirror anymore or the passenger side air filter can.

I'm sure one of these days my wife is gonna make me give it to the kids to tear apart and put back in the box since they keep griping about daddy having all the "cool" pieces. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

LEGOS rock!

I did build a 4x4 pickup once when I was a kid, had axles driveshafts and about a 12" lift the way it looked. That was really cool too. I even built a couple of ferrari's out of legos before too!

When I had the first grandkid for my parents they gave us all the legos that my two brothers and I had collected over the years, I have two of those 35 gal rubbermaid tubs full of them now! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I wonder how many I'll have when all 4 of my kids finally move out? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    I may have enough to do like that stupid honda commercial and build a life size Burb out of LEGOS /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

The Lego I had when I was a kid was very basic.
    Just the snap together pieces in a couple of different colors and sizes.
    It didnt have any wheels, tracks, metal, etc. I know what yu mean about the Cool Lego. My nephews stuff is completly different than what I had 35 years ago.

Now Tinker Toys were the Hot setup back then. You could use those sticks to poke your eye out, stuff it thru your ear and nose, and even use them as chop-sticks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    They had neat parts with wheels etc. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Haven't stopped playing with them since the first set my Grandpa bought me when I was a wee little tyke. My son is almost old enough to enjoy them with me now! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just what your Mom and Dad told you because they didn't want to spend the cash on them!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I'm sorry. That was a completely unprovoked attack. My Bad. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Oh yeah, Tinker toys, those were fun too blow up with the 4th of July fireworks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

did i? i still do.... well im only 19 too.
    my lego trucks (all RTI scores are accurate as determined by 4lo.com)

15. JDNobodi

JDNobodi 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have not grown up yet so I still play with LEGOs. I bought this back hoe for myself last Christmas.