Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did you see the pics with my Sub on the Ramp?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by chvyhs, Jul 12, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I think I only scored a 671. I started rubbing. Since this pic was taken I added the zero rates up front and a 2" body lift. The pic with the little Blazer Extreme is me. My wife just got it the week before. She said I had her so brainwashed she had to get some kind of Blazer! It was too low to even make it to the ramp.

Ramp pics

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Cool, properly sprung, a suburban shouldn't have any trouble getting a really good RTI score... ( with the longer wheelbase, you migh be able to max the ramp out) I want to get some Wackey Shackles from Marv Springer, and get those installed on the K20... that'd be fun IMHO,

-Rich

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

dang your sub kicks A$$!! how does it flex so well? i want a springer set up too.

4. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET ON A RAMP YET BUT I'M SURE IT WOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THAT IF I PUSHED IT. THOSE 56 INCH REAR SPRINGS REALLY HELP. ROCK ON BROTHER. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm flexin with an Add A Leaf and 4" blocks. Saturday I took the Sub out messin around with my brother. It didn't rub the tires once! I still have to put longer shocks (about 4" longer fronts and 3" longer rears) and do something more with the brake lines. There's more ramp left! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I was surprised when I got pictures back of my suburban on one of the arizona runs... I had that thing all sorts of twisted up. the front end didn't really flex that much, but the rear had an insanly huge flex going on... ( I'll see if I can find photo's of that, and post them up... )

-Rich

7. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

TAKE OFF OR GET DISSCONECTS ON YOUR SWAY BAR AND YOUR FRONT WILL FLEX ALMOST AS MUCH AS YOUR REAR. I'M FLEXING SO HARD UP FRONT THAT I'M PRACTICALLY YANKING THE DRAGLINK OUT OF THE J-ARM. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. B16Brian

B16Brian Registered Member

the red suburban, what size lift and tires? i was just curious cuase i want to purchase a 89-91 burban /forums/images/icons/cool.gif i like the lift on it, very nice

9. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

It's a '90 Sub with 6" suspension, 2" body, and 0 rate add a leafs in the front, whith 38x15.5 TSL Radials. I just added the body lift after the pics were taken.

Fill out your bio.