Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

did you want to know the sex

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, May 10, 2006.

?

did you want to know

1. Yes I had to know.

51.1%
  2. No way, I didn't want to know

19.1%
  3. Wife and I disagreed in knowing.

2.1%
  4. Baby came out naked.

42.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

just a prego question.. poll included. If you haven't had kids yet, you can still answer weather you want to know or not

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yes on the first couple. No on the third (I already had one of both).

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

4. Mikey von

Mikey von 1/2 ton status

We wanted to be surpirsed. We even went so far to tell the midwife and nurses not to tell us when the little one came out. We wanted to find out for ourselves.

We plan on do the same for the one that we are practicing for right now. I love practice. :D

5. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Ya we wanted to know cause we wanted to buy the "right" type of clothing and not have to return a bunch of items. I look back at it and wouldn't change it. Infact we found out that the wife is pregnant again and we will be finding out the sex!

6. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yes I wanted to know that way I have more time to talk my wife into the name I want instead of the name she wants. got my way and she loves the name now

7. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

Are you hinting around again there Branndon. That there might be a jr. in the oven???:doah:

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I wanted to know on the 1st one, wife talked me out of it. I also wanted a boy on the first one too but after Cate was born, I couldn't have cared less about the sex. I have two girls now and I am completely happy with it, and no boys in the future either, I'll be getting the old "snip-snip" next month.

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

no babies for me yet, but my wife wanted to wait, and I have wanted to find out the sex since I was little. I just think it'll help me bond better/quicker if I know who i'm talking to... IE "hi little baby in mommy's tummy" or "Hi elizabeth" lol something like that

10. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I want to know when the time comes for this exact reason. Knowing who you're talking to would be nice too.

11. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

we didn't want to find out at all, but after having like 6 or 7 ultrasounds, we figured why not. Its nicer to know for bonding reasons. Now i can call the baby by his name rather then baby. All in all, i'm glad we found out because we bought all boy clothes instead of green and yellow, and i got him some pimpin shoes already too

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I had to know what I was in for...

13. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Had to know I hate surprises

14. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

You're going to have enough surprises to deal with. Knowledge is power!:haha:

15. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Talk about timing on the poll. Just got home from the Doc's office, we are currently just over 6 months. We had to know though, found out at 5 months that it's a boy.

16. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Life offers very few GOOD surprises. Take them when you can get them, brother.

As far as knowing the sex of the child, who really cares? You'll love them the same whether they're a boy or a girl. IMHO, and this may piss some of you off, wanting to know so you can paint the room the right color or buy the right clothes is kind of petty. Besides, only the parents benefit from that crap. Do you honestly think a newborn gives a rat's ass whether he or she is in the "appropriate" colored room, wearing the "appropriate" colored clothing, sleeping in a $600 solid oak crib??? NEEDING to know the baby's gender is just a sign of just how impatient we are as a society- we've got instant gratification down to an artform.:deal:

BTW, if you DO find out the sex ahead of time and name the kid, do you really think the little gaffer is gonna have enough brainpower to understand his or her name? Once again, here's a case of parents doing what makes THEM feel good. What really matters is that the baby recognizes your voice. I used to say "Hello little baby" at Kim's belly when she was prego with both kids, and I have video evidence of Katrina turning towards my voice when I said that phrase within minutes of her being born.

Just my opinion.

17. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I did not want/need to know what our baby was going to be, but I knew from day one that my wife would not be able to carry it for that long not knowing what it was. She found out that it was a girl. She told me and my response was that I would believe it when I see it. One week before the due date she found out that her little girl sprouted some junk and was now a boy. She was devestated for about a day. I got comments thrown at me like "I bet you're happy now" or things to that effect by friends/co-workers, but in reality I really couldn't have cared less what it ended up being so long as it was healthy and complete. In a round about kind of way it was probably a good thing for my wife as it gave her something to do (returning baby girl clothes/shopping) for the week before he was extracted.

18. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

I had to know. I don't care what you say, but you do feel more connected to them if you know. As CBBR said, I had a son, then a girl 10 1/2 months later (remember the doctor says wait 6wks.). 3 yrs. later we had another girl. Stacey nor I wanted to know the sex, we had one of each already, but when we went to see the doctor he asked if we wanted to know, after some of my convincing she agreed to find out. Needless to say I am the proud parent of a 6yr. boy, 5yr. girl and 2yr. girl.

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

So you had a better "connection" with your unborn children than I did because you knew their gender ahead of time? How presumptious of you........:surepal:

20. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

Sorry for putting it that way Can. I wasn't trying to say that you were not connected with your unborn child the same way that I was. I feel that for me it was better that I find out. I'm not the only one in this thread (maybe not in the same words) to feel this way. I guess that disagreeing with a "Moderator" is out of the question.