Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Didja miss me?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shewheeler, Mar 8, 2004.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Yes... I was actually gone for a week /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

After a 4 hour delay getting out of Spokane and a 6.5 hour flight I gotta say... Maui was friggen awesome!!! I can't wait to go back!

It rained 4 of the 6 days we were there, but we didn't let a little rain dampen our spirit of adventure!

Highlights of the trip:

Trip around the "head"... violation of your rental car agreement, but very well worth the risk! Awesome scenery and you get to play chicken with other tourists on 1 way roads!

Road to Hana... Another awesome trip, even in the pouring down rain... if you do this, definitely violate your rental car agreement and come back to Kahalui the back way... unbelievable amount of hippies and "hemp" back there... the scenery is absolutely breathtaking (not the hemp, the ocean /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ).

Sunrise on Haleakala... Waking to the alarm at 2:15am and driving 2 hours to the top of a 10,000 foot crater where it's about 30 degrees sucks ass, but the sights payoff tenfold. AWESOME!

Other stuff:

Trying to smoke a cigarette at 10,023 ft is not advisable.

Whale/porpoise/lizard/sea turtle watching from the balcony of your condo can't be topped

Wheeling in a POS Chevy Cavalier was a lot of fun...

Smoothie stands... yummmy (mango, papaya pineapple and some guava thing).

Coming around almost every turn in the road and wanting to stop and take a picture because the scenery takes your breath away... indescribable

Lounging on the beach for hours with nothing else to do... unbelievable

Finding out that one of the biggest road hazards in Maui is from cows falling off the cliffs into the road... mad crazy /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I shot around 5.5 rolls of film, but I'm sure my pics will bore the hell out of everyone but me.

In a nutshell, aside from the trip home (red-eye from Maui and then 2 more plane rides in less than 24 hours is about 2 too many for me) I had a wonderful time and had the most relaxing vacation I've ever experienced.

Not glad to be home /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Lounging on the beach nude for hours with nothing else to do... unfrickingbelievable

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

BTW, nice to see you back here again!

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Welcome Back! You know you have to let us see at least some of the photos don't you. Hippies? There are hippies there? I haven't seen a real hippy in years and years. Maybe they all moved to Hawaii...

PHOTOS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

cool, glad to hear you had fun... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Welcome back!
    [ QUOTE ]
    I haven't seen a real hippy in years and years.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You should come to Austin, they're everywhere, stinkin up the place. I'd wish the State would open a season on them...

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

No thanks. Texas is too flat for me... Not the women, just the dirt.. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif