Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Didn't we have a discussion about forsale ediquette?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Jan 27, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Didn\'t we have a discussion about forsale ediquette?

Where you don't take up the whole first page of stuff you're selling? Like, you list everything in one post? Didn't we agree on that?

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Didn\'t we have a discussion about forsale ediquette?

Oh yeah, like I did that one time!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Just like that, Wes !!

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah, but some of the newer folks probably never saw it.... he's newer. (Only reason he has little over 200 posts is cuz of this last posting session in for sale... ) It is kinda annoying when you are posting your own stuff to sell and it gets bumped down. It's sort of a bad situation... cuz seperating items makes it easier to tell who wants what and keep things straight. But when you break then up it takes up the whole board.... maybe if you have a tons of items you can make a few seperate posts but try to group things together. Like engine stuff together, tranny stuff together and so on...?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

5. Re: Didn\'t we have a discussion about forsale ediquette?

what's the big deal? what, if it's not on the first page you're not going to buy it? is it too hard to click on the page 2 or 3? i kinda like em separate. so maybe not everyone agreed to the forsale ediquette.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Just set your browser (or whatever) to display 100 posts per page. That's what I did.

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I like the idea of keeping engine stuff in one post, tranny stuff in another and so on and so forth. I don't got looking at one post that is titled "Millions and millions of parts for sale." Let's not let this breakdown in a brewhaha over nothing.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

8. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Hey Mike, where the heck you been? Thought Riz's monkeys might have gotten you![​IMG]

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun!

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> LOL !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

10. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

Dont know what you "agreed on", but if im looking for a 10 bolt axle part its alot simpler to look into a thread listed as "10 bolt axle" than one listed as "parts" only to find out they're selling interior parts. Kinda makes sense to me. Thats just my opinion i could be wrong.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.plymouthscreenprinting.com>www.plymouthscreenprinting.com</a>

11. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

man- can't we just all get along? I wish the only thing I had to worry about was who posted how many post in one day... Personally if I go into the 4-sale section, and see... 86 K5 parts. I'd look, but if I see lots of parts for sale... I don't think I'd take the time to go through the post to see what exactly is there- descriptive titles, and seperating items, seems to me to make sense.... The site tells me if I have read it or not- or (you know the number next to the #posts) yup that one- so I know if I have been there..

lets try to get along- and stop worrying about the small stuff.

BTW, we also "agreed" that we would do a search before posting in the technical area's- HOWEVER just today there must be 10 posts, "how big can my tires be" what kind of lift should I get" "anyone have 4" lift" etc.... NEVER is everyone here going to be happy. Just bump up your post if its too far back...

Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

12. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Well said.

See Ya,
    Keith

"Your just mad cause the voices only talk to me."

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/californiak5>CaliforniaK5's Pictures</a>

13. thatK30guy

I know if I have some more stuff to sell, I will probably make multiple threads again. Just not so many like I did that first time. I will wait a week and then post up the other parts for sale.

It sure makes it easier, IMHO, to have separate threads. No one is gonna want to read about some parts for sale and find something on there that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual parts. For example: 1 BBC 454 for sale, 4" lift kit for sale, 8 grey kittens for sale, etc. You get the idea. [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

14. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I have to agree: Multiple threads is the easiest way to find what one is looking for. if I see a post called stuff, I don't really think too much of it, unless its a slow day here at work.. if I see a post saying ` BBC STROKER MOTOR!' I'll deffinately look into it... ( no, this is not an invitation for everyone to put `Stuff for sale, INCLUDING BBC STROKER MOTOR!!' )

what I'd really like to see ( I know, hear me out, this makes sense) is Item for sale: year from: State.location, as in

1973 rectangularport 478BBC Stroker motor in AZ phoenixmetro

or

Blazer/Sub stuff 1976-1983 in AZ Payson

I almost cry everytime I read a post like `D60, TH400/doubler, 14BFF FS 800 local only' and find out its in someplace like Tulsa OK...

oh well, I guess I'll just continue to weep.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

15. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

personally I'd just be happy with a forum that reads: things that bryan would probably be interested in. Where every post is automatically sorted there after careful review of one of the moderators. That way I can miss a day or two and not miss out cause I dont want to look through 1500 posts. Think we can hook that up steve? Grim?

LOL....anyways, back to the topic at hand, I dont remember any rules, but I wish there were some, stickeyed up at the top where everyone could see them and then there'd be no hassle about it.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

oh yeah, ddraggon, you ever read a post like that again, send me a quick pm would ya? Tulsa is only about 3 hours from me!!!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

17. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

maybe if you have a tons of items you can make a few seperate posts but try to group things together. Like engine stuff together, tranny stuff together and so on

<hr></blockquote>

That is all I'm saying. The last post on forsale, and this is the way I inturpreted it, is that you group things together. Now why is that a hard thing to ask for?

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

18. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well if you folks want to figure out what you think is fair I can sticky a post titled PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!
    Then I can ack like Sea Bass [​IMG] J/K
    There are a few things that irritate me when I read an add that I would like there to be rules on.
    List location of the parts. I hate having to beg or figure that out. If something is 1,000 miles from me the shipping would kill most deals. be kind enough not to make me hunt to find that out. waste of my time, your time and band width.
    List a Starting price. I don't think I should have to beg for that. It's silly.
    Try to limit multiple posts. I don't think it's unreasonable to make a post for tranny's. Then make a post for axles. just don't make a 100 posts for single items. If you got 20 axle then one post with 20 axles.
    Well figure out what you want and I sticky it.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

19. thatK30guy

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Then I can ack like Sea Bass J/K

<hr></blockquote>
    Man! You scared me there for a second! [​IMG] I figured, "what the heck? Grimmy gonna adapt to be like SeaBass? Aw man! There goes my IP!!" [​IMG]

Nah, don't change a thing Grimmy! You are doing just fine! [​IMG]