Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diema ?? lil help here please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Feb 17, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok thebigdaddyof2 has just offered me an awesome awesome deal on a 350tbi, and im really interested in fuel injection for the blazer, but just today a guy contaced me about a 454 he has, good motor just rebuilt 3500 miles ago, i can get them both for the same price, but here are my questions, how hard is it to put all the fuel injection in my blazer? what tricks do i need to know or what no to do? and when it comes to the big block will it fit? work with my 350 tranny? motor mounts fit? i honestly dont know what to do, so i need some advise? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

big block, and small both have the same bolt pattern for trannys , a 350 probably won't be good behind a big block though

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I would go for the 454. It will bolt in without any mods to the motor mounts and will also bolt up to the transmission. As long as you are easy on the gas the TH350 will probably hold up. You will need accessory brackets if you dont already have them, radiator (my friend got a BB rad. from autozone for $160 w/ LLT warranty) and fan shroud. As for FI, I think it is basically the same as a SB, but with a bigger throttle body.

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

a factory TBI would need a lot of time and patience, IMHO.

I'd go for the BBC, if the guy is a known good guy and the motor has recipts.

5. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

do you bog or trail ride?

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Who do you think you can trust and would stand behind the deal more? I've gotten my share of f'd up parts a few times.
    It comes down to if you want to swap from what you got to more horsepower or more gas milage.
    HP=BB
    MPG=TBI
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well If he is selling the FI motor complete with FI intake and the works and it came out of the same body.....It's a pretty easy swap. The old style FI used from 87-91 on the body trucks was a add in system. It's installs like a Holly projection for the most part.