Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel belt replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 6.2LTrailblazer84, Jul 31, 2005.

1. 6.2LTrailblazer84

6.2LTrailblazer84 1/2 ton status

I think I need to replace all the belts on my 6.2L Diesel... when you go to the auto parts store do you just tell them you want to replace all your belts and they know what size they all are? Or do you need to measure them somehow?

Also.. about how much do you think it might cost to replace all of them?

2. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

just hit up an auto zone, i have found that they always screw up and give u the wrong belt, so take off ur old ones and bring them with u.. quick, easy n simple.

3. 6.2LTrailblazer84

Ok, cool! Thank you, 82K5. I'll try that! :D

Do you have any idea how much it might cost to replace all of them? I need to get some other things to get my beast back to life again and don't know if I will have enough cash for all of it.

4. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

hmmm.. im trying to remember how much it cost when i did mine. its just 3 belts, i would say no more then $35 bucks. but make sure u bring your belts with you. numerous times i have gone down, got a belt and its 2 inches to short or something like that. wht a p.i.a.

5. 6.2LTrailblazer84

Sweet.. I can handle that. I'm getting a new alternator, and 2 new batteries as well. And changing all my fluids and filters .. hopefully nothing else needs to be replaced to get it going. :eek1: