Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel body lift or other options

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HD, Feb 3, 2004.

1. HD

HD 1/2 ton status

I was wondering who makes the best body lift. I have heard that doing a body lift on a diesel is possible, but I wanted your guys input, and were the best place to get one would be. Here is the deal, I’m getting this ’83 K5 diesel and I need to take my 35” off of my ’75 and put the stock tires for the ’83 onto the ’75. So I will take the add-a-leafs off of the ’75 and put them on the ’83, but I need more lift than just the add-a-leafs to fit the 35’s. Does anyone have a better why of doing this, and keep in mind I can only send about $100 right now, but I have to do the swap our I have to keep the stock tires and sell the 35’s (and I don’t want to do that)? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Trim the fenders /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif!!
    [​IMG]
    Trimming is FREE!
    Bill

3. HD

HD 1/2 ton status

I didn't really want to trim because of the side steps that are on it now. My wife will be driving this from time to time and she is kind of short.

4. HD

HD 1/2 ton status

Anyone else have an idea? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

2" BL and the add a leafs should do the trick...you'll either have to trim the bottom of the fan shroud or drop the entire rad/shroud assembly to match the height of the fan later.

Tranny linkage will need extending, fuel filler hose possibly. The BL kits are definitely under $100 though.

Rene

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I don't see how a BL on a diesel K5 could be any different than other K5. Most of the conception regarding diesels and body lifts are due to the newer turbo diesel trucks with intercoolers that require a lot more work and line rerouting to make work.

7. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

With mine i had to trim the fan shroud, the motor still stays nice and cool. You can extend linkages if you want to, but it isnt needed. Mine is just a gear off on the colum, reverse lights even still work. It would be wiser to extend it, but i havent gotten arround to it due to how cold it has been out. Be advised though, it makes changing GP's and injectors a real PITA if you have A/C.

8. HD

HD 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all of your help! You guys rock!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif