Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel Burban- 1983, how much is it worth?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Saw this post on EBAY. Its relatively close to me, and I always wanted a diesel. But is it worth 500 bucks? or even 1200? Something just seems fishy.

OKAY HERE IS A DEAL 1983 SUBURBAN THAT I BOUGHT ABOUGHT A YEAR AGO FROM AND OLDER WOMAN WHO OWNED IT SINCE KNEW. IT HAS AGOOD RUNNING 6.2 DIESEL 700R TRANS 208 TRANSFER DANA 44 FRONT REAR WITH 4:10 GEARS AND A 14 BOLT REAR AXLE WITH 4:11 GEARS.I PUT A 6 INCH LIFT KNEW POLY SPRING BUSHINGS DROP STEERING ARM BRAIDED STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE HOSES TINTED WINDOWS AND CLOTH SEATS. I ALSO MADE ONE OF THE SWEETEST STRONGEST FRONT BUMPERS YOU'VE EVER SEEN

Vehicle Condition

ABOUT A MONTH AGO THE TRANS STARTED SLIPPING SO I PARKED IT AND NOW I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO REPAIR IT.THE BODY IS PRETTY SOLID BUT ALSO PRETTY DENTED. ONE OF THE LARGE SIDE WINDOWS IS CRACKED THERE IS A HOLE IN ONE OF THE TAILPIPES AND TWO OF THE TIRES ARE GETTING BALD. THIS TRUCK DROVE AND RAN GREAT BEFORE THE TRANS WENT. THIS WOULD BE GREAT TO FOUR WHEEL WITH OR TO USE FOR PARTS

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Hey if it is close email the seller and look at it before you bid! I would think $500-1000 is not too much for a 3/4 ton burb needing a tranny. If it is just starting to slip you may be able to take it around the block once.