Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel Clutch

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by dhdescender, Oct 2, 2003.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Did the diesel 6.2L standards come with a heavier duty clutch then a brand new one from a 350? I figured I should ask before I put it in my truck and finish the tranny swap. I hope not I just spent my last of my money on the flywhell (175 cdn resurfaced). What about pressure plate, Im getting scared now, broken 700r4 and possibly missing some parts for the sm465 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I just cant win. Although I did get a motor with only 75000miles and not a puff of smoke installed for about 600US /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks
    Jordan

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Its the same 12" clutch I believe. I'm working toward a 6.2L/SM465 combo in my rig. I have the diesel flywheel now, and the clutch from my TBI 350 bolts right on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    OK thanks, Ill put it in and run it till its gone, then upgrade to a higher performance one. I was getting worried that Id have to wait till everyone was back from BB03 to get an answer. They left all us with the broken trucks were left to fend for ourselves.

Joran

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Don't worry there is still quite a few of us here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    then upgrade to a higher performance one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found nothing lacking about the stock 12" clutch... its the same one used with bigblocks and 1.5-ton (heavy P30/3500HD) trucks.

A ceramic-faced version can be had, but its very agressive and cannot be "feathered" - its either in or out.