Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel Crew! HELP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Sep 14, 2006.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

guys i need some help big time! so 2 weeks ago i got a leak in my fuel tank on my k5, seems it came from a tiny rust spot, so as everyone knows, rust inside a gas tank is no good. thinking some little chunks got into the fuel lines. i have replaced BOTH fuel filters, put on a new fuel pump, drained the tank, rinsed it, blew out 3 or 4 different fuel lines, and i still cant get the pig to effin start! what am i doing wrong? btw motor is 6.5L n/a. any ideas guys? :confused::crazy:

2. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

prolly still have air in the lines. i'de recomend pulling the main fuel line off each injector, disconnect the pink wire on yer injection pump, and crank until you see fuel coming from each fuel line, reconnect everything when you get fuel to all the lines and it should fire. I have an aux. fuel pump and primer ball mounted inline with my main line from the tank because i've got an air leak somewhere in my line, so if my truck sits for a few days, i have to prime the system every time i start.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

x3. :wink1: it's a pretty easy process. oh, and make sure you primed your fuel filters with new fuel.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Another tip...

Rip the magnet off a junk speaker,and put it on the bottom of the fuel tank(on the outside is fine!)...it'll keep any fine "rusty dust" IN the tank,and out of your filters and injector pump and injectors...

An old timer taught me that trick, when one of my trucks was clogging a gas filter every few days,after filling up with rusty gas from a gas station with tank troubles!..never had to change one again after I put the magnet on the fuel tank!
    :crazy:

6. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

wow if i could see u in person i would shake your hand :bow:
    that is my exact problem and u just gave me the answer! i really do appreciate it. not sure if i will be able to get this going tonite, but first thing after work.. its on!

thanks alot guys.. this is way i have been on here since 02 :D

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

No problem brother, that's what CK5 is for. Good luck and keep us posted on how it all goes.

Rene