Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diesel dual exhaust on a gasser?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scrapper, Sep 7, 2000.

1. scrapper

scrapper Registered Member

Im trying to put a Diesel dual system on a gasser,here is the only problem that I see so far.The gasser has a heatriser on the right manifold,while the Diesel must not(as I don't think they need thee manifold preheated)and the pipe hanges low.Should I cut the new pipe off and reweld the flange minus 2 inches for the riser?or should the studs be replaced with shorter studs and forget the heat riser?One of the main reasons that I bought this Blazer was to go in the snow(snowmobile hauler),so cold weather oppperation is needed.The system that I plan on installing is the factory style,I've added the passsenger side heatsheild and hangers,It should be real nice.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

That's a really interesting idea! But does the exhaust manifold bolt onto a SB? I believe the 6.2 is a BB, if I'm not mistaken, so there may be no way to line up the manifold bolt holes if you're trying to fit it onto a small block.

3. scrapper

scrapper Registered Member

I've slid the new pipes on the manifolds and they fit perfectly,the use the same manifold gaskets and everything else.I'll keep trying as tomorow I'll take the rest of the parts home.It still comes down to running without the heat riser.

4. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I just did a swap from 6.2 to 5.7 and I don't think the 6.2 exhaust will fit. forget the manifold heat risers. get a set of headers for 89 bucks. you will get more hp.