Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel emmisions question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lotsa_Faith, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

My truck is registered as having a 6.2 diesel motor, but actually has a 350. So, since its REGISTERED as having a diesel, could it possibly be exempt from emmisions testing? I've emailed a person that works for DPS, and they didnt really know the answer.

2. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

hey my K5 has a diesel and is registred as the same.. i had to do emissions here in tucson.. they had me going like 63mph.. it was crazy /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't the CUCV's have, on the core support sticker, something along the lines of "this drivetrain is exempt from all Federal Emissions Regulations"?

Not saying that will save you, but if that IS on the core support sticker, I don't see how they can go after you.

All states I am aware of allow diesel to gas conversions, or vice versa, but with all applicable emissions devices swapped, and ONLY engines from the vehicles build year or newer, nothing older.