Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diesel exhaust routing w/ clocked 241/700r4 combo

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by desertrat67, Jan 15, 2007.

1. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Has anyone clocked a 241 in a diesel truck with a 700r4? if so, how did you run your exhaust. There doesn't seem to be enough room between the case and frame to run it down the right side. thanks

ryan

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I don't know why no one has thought of this before but why not route the exhaust on the other side?
    No tcase on that side, the gas lines and brake lines are on the passenger side.
    the only thing I can see being a hassle to figure out is the shifter on the side of the tranny, I will look tomorrow to see if there is room to go there.
    :D

3. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

It looks like there is, I just don't feel like having my whole exhaust redone. too much $$ right now.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem when I boxed the frame. My only option was to do it on the driver side. I have seen some setups where the exhaust comes down real low to clear the case but it looks like crap and will hit everything. here are some pics of mine. i have a 2 into one 50 series flowmaster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Thanks for the pics, Danny. that was my thought of how to run it that way. I Might have a bit o problem with my front shaft hitting the crossover pipie though. guess i'll have to take it in and see what can be done.

6. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Just tell them to mount it as high as possible. the first one i had done was too low and would hit. this one is mounted a tad higher. worse case senario make the crossover pipe with some flanges so you can take it out when you work on the trans.

7. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

That is what i was thinking. unbolt from the manifold and then on the left hand side just after the bend taking it to the rear. A heat shield between the torque converter wouldn't hurt either. The HMMWVs have this setup with the heat shield only about an inch from the flywheel/dust cover and a 1/2 inch space between the shield and the pipe.