Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DIESEL HYDROBOOST GODS! help me please!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Mar 21, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I have a 89 burban which I just swapped front ends on, I power bleed the brakes with a mityvac pump and got all the air out. Howeveer I DON'T have any line preasure with the peddle.
    I bench bleed the master cylinder and even cracked the fittings on the the truck to make sure fluid was flowing. 'v been working on this for about 3 hours and I need to be moving here in about an hour to Boise,ID.

heres what it is doing:

right now with a new master cylinder on and calipers bleed. I'm got seeing any bubbes o fluid flowing in the master cylinder with the top off. I DO however hear the air from the booster being pushed back through the power steering pump. I can sqeze the clamps on that line and mke it quit but then it just goes to the steering pump.

the fluid in the master cylinder if full, the fluid int he power steerig is full. Only thing I can think of now is that the preassure for the mster cylinder plunger is being routed back trough the hydoboos and to the power steering pump, but why and how to make it work right?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Jeremy

PS you can call me collect
    541-461-7748

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Having the same problems with my DD pickup that I just lifted 4". I bled the brakes with the mityvac also for about 2-3 hours and my pedal is still soft. Never had brake bleeding problems like this before. Only thing that is different is that hydroboost that is hanging on the firewall. Is there a trick to bleeding these things?

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

TTT...

I still have this issue on my pickup- brake is pretty much on the floor without the hydroboost working- This happeened after a hard line failure, and the fluid to the rear drums bled dry- Even after replacement, and trying to bleed everything (gravity bled) the brakes still arent back to where they used to be. I can only think that there must still be lotsa air somewhere.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

try putting a jar wth soe fluid at all four wheels and connecting a hose to all four bleeder screws and crack tem opena dn put ends of hoses under level of new brake fluid poured into each jar and just start pumping pedal away and have someone watch fluid level in the m/c

this will aloow you to bleed everything all at once and also to prevent any air from sucking into system at all and should get it all out, just make sure ends of hoses stay under the fluid level in each jar or you will suck fluid into that wheel cylinder or caliper
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I ended up putting the old one back on and it worked, so i left it. threw the new one in theback for a spare. drove 450 miles with no problems. I'm now in Boise (been here for 2 weeks)