Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel is in and running, clutch finally works too... ROAD TRIP TIME

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Nov 20, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I guess today is the day to brag /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I finally got the clutch working behind my new to me 6.2L diesel... Made one quick trip up the road and back but do need to fix a couple little things still. Block heater in the frost plug hole leaks and I stripped one of the ubolt straps on a ujoint putting in the driveshaft for the third time /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

But with those little things fixed I'll be heading down to Portland/Salem next weekend to deliver parts to everyone down there then run back up thru Seattle area then down to the Tri-Cities if anyone needs anything hauled. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i need a rear seat from alan(mountianexplorer) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

when are you planning to pick up my tranny? Do you have a date set yet?

4. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

Kenny,

Please can you pick up my wheel well trim set from JekBrown when you go down there. I can come over and give you the $10 for them and trade you out of those interior parts that you've been holding onto for me. Please let me know if you can pick them up for me.

Thanks a lot,
    Doug /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

You have some stuff that was brought back from Terrabonne over at Troys and I think you have doors and fenders for me that you can leave over there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess today is the day to brag /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I finally got the clutch working behind my new to me 6.2L diesel... Made one quick trip up the road and back but do need to fix a couple little things still. Block heater in the frost plug hole leaks and I stripped one of the ubolt straps on a ujoint putting in the driveshaft for the third time /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

But with those little things fixed I'll be heading down to Portland/Salem next weekend to deliver parts to everyone down there then run back up thru Seattle area then down to the Tri-Cities if anyone needs anything hauled. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind the parts hauling...congrats on the diesel swap! How do you like it so far? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Rene

7. kennyw

[ QUOTE ]
    when are you planning to pick up my tranny? Do you have a date set yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to be taking the trip to Nor Cal and Denver the first weekend of December. Should be picking up the tranny in Reno on Friday night, December 3rd. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. kennyw

[ QUOTE ]
    i need a rear seat from alan(mountianexplorer) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just up there a week ago and would have grabbed it but he didnt have it at his house ready to go. I wont be back up to Spokane until after the first weekend of December, but I can grab it for you then if it is ready to go. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. kennyw

I can pickup the trim for you, but arrange to mail the money directly to Jason for it before I pick it up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. kennyw

Yep, I'll be dropping off your doors and fenders at troy's... but you might recognise the doors since they came off of troy's brown beast /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. kennyw

I like it so far, but I'm going to need bigger tires and an overdrive /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Right now I have 4.10 gears and 285/75R16 tires (about 33") so it seems to be winding out early, but I bet I could pull down a house right now /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.

I was surprised the exhaust from my small block bolted right up to the 6.2 more than anything. Couple of small leaks to fix as well. Block heater is leaking some coolant so I'm replacing it with a frost plug and putting a heater in the heater hose line since I already have one of them laying around for 5+ years... Oil cooler lines are leaking too but should just need a new o-ring.

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just up there a week ago and would have grabbed it but he didnt have it at his house ready to go. I wont be back up to Spokane until after the first weekend of December, but I can grab it for you then if it is ready to go. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    no problem im in no hurry for it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Mine pulls about 2500-2600 on the freeway as well at roughly 65 mph. Someday I'll pick-up an NV4500 or ZF6-S650 6 speed for it.

With either the 5 or 6 speed I could drop down to some 35" AT's and make it a half-civilized daily driver/freeway cruiser with a clear concience. Then for wheeling chuck the 40's on and go have fun. I still have not given up on having the ultimate dual purpose K5. Freeway rpm's would drop down to slightly over 2000 rpm, and fuel economy would pick up by 3-5 mpg. Even now I manage 16.5 on the freeway.

Rene