Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diesel is so much more than gas...dont make sense

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Oct 28, 2005.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

was out today saw that regular has dropped down to $2.49, while diesel remains at $2.93 :yikes:

i had planned to sell my truck and get a diesel to build up, but im kinda glad i didnt. im still looking to convert eventually tho.

wtf is goin on? why can they keep diesel prices so high, when its alot cheaper to produce?????

2. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Yesterday gas was 2.21 and diesel was 3.49 at one station. 2.39 and 3.39 at the one closer to my house. It's kind of crazy.:confused:

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

It is still 3.29 around here, and gas is 2.35:confused:

4. muddybuddy

man so $2.93 is cheap?? man

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You want to know the reason. Have you seen how many new Ford and Dodge diesel trucks there are on the road? Do you think anybody that has very recently bought one of these is barried too deep into it finacialy to get out of it? Do you think anybody that has $40,000 to $60'000 to spend on a truck can afford $3 + a gallon fuel? The oil companies are sticking it to these people because they know they can get away with it.

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah, i dont understand it ether. thats why i bought my lil beater ford. the dodge needs less miles on it anyway
    Grant

7. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Absolutely! Diesel is cheaper to refine that gas. Even with higher road taxes, diesel should still be cheaper. And it's not just "head knockers" that are getting hosed, the American public is. Everything you see or touch relies on some over-the-road trucker to move it. That additional cost is being passed on to all of us.

Yet Exxon can claim a 9.9 billion dollar profit last quarter!! (CORRECTED) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm all for free trade but these "oil monopolies" aren't gonna change their ways 'til the threat of government mandated price controls loom's very real in their rear view mirror.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yep, it takes less refining to make Diesel then it does Gas, yet its costs more :mad:

I don't get why we as a nation don't realize that the more we stick it to truck drivers, the worse EVERYTHING will be.

9. HillJackCustoms

HillJackCustoms Registered Member

Exon Score 9.9 Billion this quarter. crazy stuff. not only do the truckers get it the farmers take it hard too. Prices usually go up do to the making of fuel to burn in homes. The price will eventually go down.. Just buy the red stuff..LOL...

10. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

As the oil industries profit margins increase...all other industries profit margin decrease. Representatives from all other industries need to threaten to gang up, and lobby for price controls on the oil industry, if the oil industry will not cut back on their profit margin. The only problem currently is that Bush and Cheney are making a mint right now with their oil exploration contracts through the Halliburton subsidiary Brown & Root right now, thus there is no way they will allow the reduction in oil industry profits; no matter how much the other industries lobby.

11. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Echmm that is a 9.9 BILLION with a B, profit last quarter (3 months)

12. muddybuddy

yep 9.9 billion, jus saw it on the news :eek1:

13. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I've been driving my '82 6.2 burb to work while I'm working on my 85 and the last few months I've been moaning about the price of premium that I'm going to have to run in my 85... and now its atleast 40 cents cheaper than diesel and now I"m tired of paying for diesel!. Todays report... diesel, 3.29 and premium 2.79.... :doah:

14. muddybuddy

eclipse, why do u run premium in ur 350?

15. 00blkgt

00blkgt Newbie

Gas in Va. Bch, VA. Regular $2.25 Diesel $3.09

16. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I haven't run it yet, not done putting the truck back together, but it has 10.5:1 compresion and I was told to run a higher octane.

17. muddybuddy

ahhhh, so u beefed it up...saweet :D why not try 91 first, that would be 10cents less

18. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I think the fuel grade options I have are 87, 89, and 92. but I haven't bought gasoline in 6 months, just good old pricey #2

19. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Supply and demand. It is less to make diesel but the reserves are lower on diesel right now and there are more trucks moving because of all the bad weather that hit the US.

One of my close friends is in charge of buying bulk fuel for a COOP and he had a 35 cent jump in diesel first of last week. It was nearing 3.89 at the pump and he was down 8 cents profit per gallon even at those prices compared to what he was making last year at this time.

20. HillJackCustoms

HillJackCustoms Registered Member

just run red...