Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diesel k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jchilcot, Jun 22, 2006.

1. jchilcot

jchilcot Newbie

Hi First time posting. Im looking at a k5 for sale here in my area with the 6.2 diesel. It runs awsome but the body is bad. How much would you pay for a truck like this? My plan is to drive it through this winter and then pull the motor out and put it in my Jeep J-20. The guy is asking $1000 but I talked him down to $800. What do you guys think?:thinking:

2. jchilcot

jchilcot Newbie

Oh, and how much do the military blazers usually go for on govliquidation.com?

3. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

84, 85 M1009 68,000 miles average between $1,200 -$1,700.00 winter they go up. If I was there and guy had truck at that price if motor was good it would be mine now!!!

4. jchilcot

jchilcot Newbie

One reason im a little sceptical about it is that he says its a 89 but it doesn't have the serpentine belt setup, its a V belt. And its a GM Goodrich engine so its not original, and he has no idea how many miles are on it. Theres about 156k on the truck. And like I said before its a rust bucket.

5. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

My '89 Jimmy (with original motor) still uses the V-belt set up. Also '89 diesels still used the older SI altenators while the gas motors had already switched to the new CS style.

6. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

7. jchilcot

jchilcot Newbie

Yeah, I was checking those out earlier. There are a couple not not to far from here that are marked "rebuilt AUG. 05"