Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel parts needed / BRACES FOR STARTER & TRANSFER CASE

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 77 Mud Buddy, Oct 9, 2003.

1. 77 Mud Buddy

77 Mud Buddy 1/2 ton status

Hey all, Just thought I would post up here first. I'm looking for the bracket that mounts on the back of the 6.2L diesel starter. The 87 K30 I recently bought does not have it and by reading some of these "Starter" posts it sounds like I really need one.

Secondly, I need one of those motor to transfer case bar / braces for a 6.2 to a np208. Dont those military K5's have this setup?

Thirdly, When I recently replaced my fuel filter I noticed a sensor had broken off from the fuel filter assembly into the actual fuel filter. Can I simply replace that sensor or do I need to get an entire new fuel filter assembly.

If you have these parts just PM me on what you would like for them, Let me know! Thanks

2. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

-Go to the gm dealer for the starter brace, it should only cost you a couple bucks. Most trucks seem to be missing it becuase its a pain to get back on. i think it uses an M8x1.0 pitch thread bolt to attach to the block, you can get the exact size from the dealer and go buy it at the hardware store. I've learned that dealer bolts are made of gold.
    -Never seen the engine to tcase brace your refering to on any diesel truck i've seen. I have a CUCV, they dont have them either. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    -what color wires run into the sensor thats broke off? Not sure where to get repalcements. I havent had to work on that yet. Its a statadyne filter housing if that helps any. Maybe someone else can chime in hope this helps.

Cheers, rugger

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    -Never seen the engine to tcase brace your refering to on any diesel truck i've seen.

[/ QUOTE ] Mine has one but then again it is a civilian version.

4. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

need a length but i probably got 1 for ya measure from the 2nd bolt hole up from the bottom to the first hole on the t case

I agree go to the dealer for the bracket cause i ant selling any of mine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    and your right ya do NEED it i could tell ya stories how many starters i busted befor i woke up and got 1 my self now they are GOLD 2 me
    ok last i have no idea what switch sounds like dealer item
    pm me with the length ya need and a offer if yastill need - want 1
    R

5. 77 Mud Buddy

77 Mud Buddy 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help! I'll call the dealer on the bracket and I'll pm you about the bolt hole lengths!