Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diesel - sausalito summernight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Jun 18, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I just heard this song from when Iwas young, still pretty cool! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Cool song... From the cleverly named album "Watts In A Tank" /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif A Dutch band that seems to have been a one hit wonder, at least on this side of the pond. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

"It's got a good beat, and I can dance to it. I'll give it an 85." (Gotta wonder how many of the youngsters will even get that?) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. HarryH3

My favorite verse:

"Another mile or two to Frisco
    200 gallons from LA
    The engine's thumping like a disco
    We oughta dump her in the bay..." /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

More useless trivia: Sausalito Summer Night was a Top 10 hit in 1981. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

And you can listen to it online at: http://panviews.com/MP3/diesel--sausalito040328.mp3

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I got my drivers license that year...it was a cool song then and is still cool today.

Another one I liked from around the same time was "Switch into glide/This beat goes on" by the Kings. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

5. HarryH3

Been driving the wife nuts, playing the MP3 over and over. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I've always liked Sausalito Summer Nights. One of my favorite places to eat is at Houlihans on the waterfront in Sausalito. Good food, great views! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif But the town is built on some VERY steep land! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Yeah, my wife to she says" quit playin that, I don't like it" so what do I do ? turn it up!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif