Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Deezus, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Deezus

Deezus Newbie

Hey peoples.

I have found a VERY decent 87 diesel powerd K-5 with all new sheetmetal. Only bad thing ( IMO ) is it has a diesel with 190K on it.. Does anyone know of a "how to" site for a gas engine conversion? Or can someone provide links for such a procedure? I would greatly appreciate it! Could tell me yes or no about getting this K-5.

Thanks

Deez

2. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

The swap from diesel to gas is fairly easy. The transmissions bolt up the same, but I think the diesel engine uses the same mounts as a big block. You'll have a good radiator in there too if you decide to go with a mildly built gasser.

I don't know if the accessories will interchange or not. You'll have hydroboost brakes, though!

I don't know of any sites that illustrate this procedure, but I know there are others here who have done this swap. Maybe someone else can give you better details than I.

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires