Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diesel towing Diesel

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by Diesel Dan, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Now what's supposed to be towing what? Tow rig

Getting ready for silver lake sand dunes.

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Dunno /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif comes up with a forbidden page for me,,, /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Wow, now that's a load.

Too bad your not towing with that Cummins, sure would make it a lot easier and faster. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Be safe and good luck.

[Edit] Copy-n-Paste the URL into you browser. It's blocked from remote linking...

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Too bad your not towing with that Cummins, sure would make it a lot easier and faster. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    r.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I hope you've got some REAL good, load range E tires on the back of that black truck aired up to their max. Guaranteed they're overloaded with that camper on the truck plus the tongue weight of the trailer. Keep and eye on those two tires, too. All that weight makes them work pretty hard.

5. Diesel Dan

Tim,
    Not too concerned about the tow rig tires. They are 245/75R16E Coopers @80PSI.

What concerns me is the trailer tires, they are only 7x14.5 towmasters. I really need 8x14.5s but the prick that built the trailer only dropped the axles far enough for the 7s to fit /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.
    I told him I wanted the trailer for 10K GVW, he should have know better. Current tires only give me a GVW of about 7300lbs. Dodge weights 6900lbs alone, you do the math.

Dodge would be faster tow rig, but not easier. The K3500 rides/handles much better. Much more comfortable interior.

In the past we made this same run, similar setup. That unit was a '94 GMC ext cab short bed K1500 (/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif), 6.5TD/4L80E/3.42s. Had a different 8.5' camper in the bed, same trailer with '79 1 ton longbed with 35s, 8" lift and 454. I think this truck will handle it better /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.

The '94 had E rated 16s as well.

6. Diesel Dan

[ QUOTE ]

[Edit] Copy-n-Paste the URL into you browser. It's blocked from remote linking...

[/ QUOTE ]

BadDog,
    PM me on how too do this. Not sure what the browser is /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. Still too computer illiterate.
    Will be leaving monday AM, so may not get post edited by then.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

8. BadDog

Yep, Tim's right. Just select the URL (http://www...) and make sure you get it all. Then right click the selection to get the context menu. Left click on "copy" to save the selection on the "clip board". Now you can go anywhere you like and "paste" it. You can paste it in a document, or on the address bar of the browser, or in the "open dialog" of the browser.

The "browser" is what you use to "browse" the web. Internet Explorer most likely, though some use Netscape and others. In "Internet Explorer", you can click on the "address" at the top, which automatically selects the entire address listed. If your reading CK5, it will say "http://coloradok5.com/forums/..." You can also just hit F4 on the keyboard to automatically move "input focus" to the address window. Once you have "selected" the address window, you can "paste" in the URL you "copied" to the "clip board" earlier. You can do this by right clicking the address window, and choosing "paste". Once the desired URL is in the address window, hit "Enter" to go there. You can also type in URLs (web links) that you remember. And you can also use the menu "File -> Open" to show a normal "Open" dialog where you can paste in the URL.

Hope that helps...

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I still keep getting a forbidden page, i know my security settings are not set THAT high,,, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. BadDog

Dunno, I just tried again with no problem. Tried both ways, using "File/Open" and using the address window. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. Diesel Dan

Russ, Tim,

I don't have a problem accessing the picture either. In the past I know some haven't been able to see the pics I posted at imagestation. What you are refering to is a way for 4xcrazy to see the pics, correct?

Hope to have some more pics when we get back in a week, Later.

12. Diesel Dan

All went well.
    No pics however, wife didn't pack the digital camera /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif.
    Tires on trailer were warm, but not too hot to the hand.
    Ran 55-57mph on the way out too be safe, 65mph on the way back.

Dodge sounds awesome at 3600 rpm /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif smokin up the big hill!